Legend
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

by » Sat February 22nd, 2014, 00:55

This scent is just great
    My scent of the nite!

by » Sun February 23rd, 2014, 01:37

Annick Goutal Eau Du Sud

Top notes are mandarin orange, basil, grapefruit and bergamot; middle notes are mint, lime, lemon verbena and jasmine; base notes are vetiver, patchouli and oakmoss.

great, light, fresh citrus verbena fragrance - unique
    Nature and all her wonders guide me...Emotions find expression in fragrance. Fragrance is the music of my dreams. Fragrance is my inspiration. - AG

Legend
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snoh aalegra

- Ugh, those feels again

by » Sun February 23rd, 2014, 08:17

Featured Fragrance House of the Day: Dipytyque

Diptyque is a French perfume house which was founded in 1961. and acquired by Manzanita Capital, the London-based private equity fund, in 2005.

Diptyque was established in 1961 by three artists: Yves Coueslant (a set designer), Desmond Knox-Leet (a painter) and Christiane Gautrot (a textile designer). The salon Diptyque was opened on Boulevard St.Germain in Paris. Primarily they offered home furnishings and produced printed fabrics. They also imported scents from England. But shortly (1963.) they added scented candles to the list of products by Diptyque, which became one of the main among their offers.

The first Diptyque scent was launched - L`Eau, which is based on old English recipes of home fragrances. Three friends love to travel, the most of Diptyque scents were inspired by their trips.

My favorites are l'ombre dans l'eau, philoyskos, and oyedo

Nature and all her wonders guide me...Emotions find expression in fragrance. Fragrance is the music of my dreams. Fragrance is my inspiration. - AG

by » Mon February 24th, 2014, 00:25

Scent of the Day: Hermes Un Jardin APres La Mousson

it explores the facets of an unexpected India, when the monsoon restores to the earth what the sun has taken, chasing away the burning breath of drought. Ginger, cardamom, coriander, pepper and vetiver speak of the rebirth of nature captured in Kerala, a universe engorged with water.

this is such a unique and beautiful fragrance; linear and cooling on the skin, it envelopes you on a moist garden after the rain - recommended

Personal Assistant
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

by » Mon February 24th, 2014, 00:39

Quote Originally Posted by ANH
    Quote Originally Posted by lundpop
    My scent of the day would be

Hey, I have this!
    I really like it!

My scent of the day was

Pretty old but I absolutely love this. I'm on the third bottle already! <3
    Dans ce convoi de larmes
    Je te dédie ma mort
    Et je saigne, saigne encore...

by » Tue February 25th, 2014, 01:00

Scent of the day: Rance Duc De Berry

created of fresh fruity and woody accords and it encompasses bergamot, tangerine, bitter orange, coriander, cardamom, gardenia, rose, jasmine, violet, pepper, nutmeg, vetiver, amber, iris, musk and cedar

easy to wear fragrance spicy-woody-sweet; sillage about 1 foot; longevity 4-6 hours on the skin

by » Wed February 26th, 2014, 14:08

Scent of the day: Hermes L'ambre des merveilles

labdanum, vanilla and patchouli

I find this fragrance the best of the flankers, better than the original. Sweet-salty with smidge of creamy vanilla. Makes my mouth water

On a side note. Elixer is also nice with a strong emphasis on the citrus aspect-the strongest/concentrated smelling fragrance of all the flankers.

by » Fri February 28th, 2014, 02:55

Scent of the Day: Annick Goutal Ninfeo Mio

This fragrant composition introduces light and luminousness in top notes which incorporate cedrate, Italian lemon and galbanum, which evoke first rays of sun in early dawn, fresh and clear air and birth of a new day.Central notes add aromatic and calming tacts of lavender in union with fig leaves, while base notes finish with woody accords.

by » Sat March 1st, 2014, 02:46

The composition is based on the harmony of fresh and intense citruses in the top (lime, orange and bergamot) and warm oriental balsamic notes in the base. The smoky and leathery nuances in the final notes are contrasting with the juicy beginning. The sophisticated heart is composed of flowers, precious woods with a warm touch of cinnamon.

Legend
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

by » Tue March 27th, 2018, 00:10

AMOUAGE

HONOUR Man

So I just spent a fortune on two 6x 7.5ml miniature sets of Amouage fragrances for men. Each of them retail for €235 because I was so impressed by my full size bottle of FATE MAN. I remember smelling Fate in 2015 when I was a teenager and entered this really expensive perfume store for the first time and asking for a spicy fragrance and if possible an eau de Parfum - i like their intensity. They pulled out three for me to blind test and Fate turned out to be my favorite. When they announced the price (€313) I still kept my cool and acted like a rich kid or sth. Must have worked because they decanted me a 3ml sample for me to try the juice out at home. And I did. And I kept it for five years. And two months ago I fulfilled this dream of mine to own this fragrance and it felt amazing. (I got it cheaper... but still expensive)
    After wearing it out a lot and loving it, i decided that i wanted to explore more Amouage fragrances. So I went back to the same fragrance store (I went there a few times in between and always received free decants without asking) and specifically asked for amouage.
    One of them was Honour Man.
    It opens up EXTREMELY peppery. Almost unpleasant on first sniff. But after a couple of minutes the still incredibly potent scent reveals more and more layers and becomes super refined on my skin.
    It is a spice bomb, just like fate. But unlike fate, which has predominantly Cumin and Safran as prominent notes, Honour has all kinds of pepper as dominant notes. Black pepper. Pink pepper. A lot of pepper.
    I love it.
    The performance is excellent - it lasts a really long time. Even longer than Fate in my opinion. I think it is also a lot more wearable for most people. And the projection when you enter a room - at first actually a little TOO strong for everyday wear - dies down a little after some time. It still is amazing.

Definitely my scent of the day.
    Simply incredible and I cannot wait to try more of my amouage miniatures and possibly buy a full size bottle in the future.

EDIT:
    After smelling so many Amouage fragrances, i feel ready to rate this one. I give it a 4.5/5. for me, it is bottle worthy. I know I would get a lot of use out of it. (unfortunately I cant afford that many amouage fragrances at once... but someday. it is on my list!!) The only reason I dont give this one a 5/5 is because the various pepper notes could seem a little one-dimensional. In my opinion that is not really the case - its just the direction they went in when creating this fragrance. But the pepper notes are definitely very prominent.
    I find them less "In your face", daring and potentially offensive than the heavy cumin and safran notes in "Fate" which could, while I love them, potentially offend people.

Legend
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

by » Tue March 27th, 2018, 00:42

So far my fragrance additions in 2018 were:

1. Amouage Fate Man (Edp) (men)
    2. Tom Ford Vert Des Bois (Edp) (unisex)
    3. Hermès Terre d’Hermès Pure Perfume (Edp) (men)
    4. Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit De L’Homme Eau Electrique (Edt) (men)
    5. Hermès Bel Ami Vetiver (EdT) (men)

And as miniatures or free samples I have tried
    1. Tom Ford Black Orchid (Edp) (unisex - recommended for women)
    2. Tom Ford Noir anthrazite (Edp) (unisex - recommended for men)
    3. Tom Ford Noir extreme (Edp) (unisex - recommended for men)
    4. Penhaligon’s Agarbathi (Edp) (men)
    5. Amouage Epic Man (Edp) (men)
    6. Amouage Honour Man (Edp) (men)
    7. Amouage Gold Man (Edp) (man)
    8. Oajan (Edp) (man)
    9. Orto Parisi Berga’mask (Edp) (men)

I have these (as miniatures or samples) but have not tried them yet:
    1. Amouage Lyric Man (Edp) (men)
    2. Amouage Beloved Man (Edp) (men)
    3. Amouage Silver Man (Edp) (men)
    4. Amouage Dia Man (Edp) (men)
    5. Amouage Jubilation XXV (Edp) (men)
    6. Amouage Reflection Man (Edp) (men)
    7. Amouage Interlude Man (Edp) (men)
    8. Amouage Memoir Man (Edp) (men)

I am trying to get a sample of these:
    1. Amouage Bracken Men (Edp) (men)
    Never smelled
    2. Amouage Figment Man (Edp) (men)
    Smelled kinda unpleasant but I cannot get it out of my head and I wanna see how it wears on me after two hours)
    3. Amouage Beach Hut Man (Edp) (men)
    Never smelled
    4. Amouage Sunshine Man (Edp) (men)
    From the top notes not what I would go for but I realized that most amouage perfumes develop very differently on my skin after a few hours so I would like to see how this one does on me)
    5. Amouage Journey Man (Edp) (men)
    Never smelled
    6. Amouage Myths Man (Edp) (man)
    Exact same experience as with Figment

Would also like to smell the now discontinued Ciel Man... just because I am curious

I plan to buy actual bottles of:
    1. Tom Ford Oud Wood (Edp) (unisex) (I want the 30ml)
    2. Amouage Honour Man (Edp) (men) (I wanna but the 100ml bottle)
    3. Who knows what but probably another amouage

So basically I will have to work my ass off and will have nothing to eat for a long time BUT I will smell good !!

Legend
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

by » Tue March 27th, 2018, 21:07

Scent of the day

AMOUAGE

LYRIC MAN

A masculine rose scent...

Evoking the sombre sound of eternity this spicy oriental fragrance is a dedication to the rose infused with angelica. Created for the confident gentleman who dares to desire.

I really like this one. Very very different to my other perfumes and very different to the other Amouage scents. It has a feminine touch and is very rose-y. But it’s still a men’s fragrance. But a woman could definitely get a way with it... it smells very unisex

Legend
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

by » Wed March 28th, 2018, 21:33

Scent of the day

AMOUAGE

GOLD FOR MEN

Amouage Gold pour Homme by Amouage is a Woody Floral Musk fragrance for men. Amouage Gold pour Homme was launched in 1998. The nose behind this fragrance is Guy Robert.
    EDIT:
    I rate this one a 3/5. Glad I've smelled it and had the opportunity to wear this. But this fragrance simply is not for me. A little too "old" and dated imo. It is their oldest fragrance (+20 years) so maybe that is one of the reasons, too.
    I find this to be a little feminine as well. Definitely smells very unisex. Not what I like to wear on a daily basis.

Legend
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

by » Fri March 30th, 2018, 01:14

Scent of the day

AMOUAGE

FIGMENT MAN

I don’t even have a sample of this
    But I got it sprayed on my skin at that fancy parfumery and damn I loved it. I swear If I had a spare 295 bucks right now haha

With Figment Man, Christopher Chong plays with contrasts and illusions. The fragrance fantasy begins with a fresh and floral revelation of lemon and geranium, seasoned with pink pepper. In the heart of the perfume sandalwood joins forces with animal notes and vetiver.
    Figment Man finally ends up in a woody-balsamic base of labdanum and guaiac wood, which is grounded by an earthy chord and a touch of mus
    EDIT:
    I can't rate this yet as I have only smelled this once so far. I cannot get it out of my head. I am mesmerized by the notes I smelled this last thursday. I ordered a 2-3ml sample from a fancy shop and I am currently browsing online retailers for full bottles. I really could see myself wearing this one a lot. MAYBE bottle worthy? I certainly am thinking about getting a full size a lot. The bottle looks amazing as well.
    fun fact: I've experienced that my opinion regarding amouage fragrances differs a lot from what seems to be the overall consensus. People DESPISE Fate and Figment - yet these are the ones I seem to love the most so far. Yet I can't get on board with Interlude, Reflection and Lyric which are universally acclaimed.

Legend
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

by » Fri March 30th, 2018, 18:09

Scent of the Day

AMOUAGE

REFLECTION MAN

Reflection for Man embodies the spirit of refinement and is compelling, distinctive and unmistakably masculine with a timeless appeal. Top Notes: Rosemary, Red Pepper Berries, Bitter Orange Leaves.
    dont really like that one... and I think its not that masculine either. pretty feminine if you ask me! has a strong powderiness to it.

EDIT:
    I am rating this one 2/5. I dont really get the hype around this one. I feel like a masculine man could get away with it easily - but this one surely isnt for me. definitely not bottle worthy. For such a hyped Amouage fragrance, I expected it to be a bit more complicated too. A little more dimension and layers.

Legend
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

by » Mon April 2nd, 2018, 19:14

scent of March 30:

AMOUAGE

MEMOIR MAN

About Memoir Man
    Memoir Man is a masculine fragrance by Amouage. The scent was launched in 2010 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Karine Vinchon-Spehner
    Memoir Man fragrance notes

Top Notes
    Absinth, Wormwood, Basil, Mint
    Heart Notes
    Rose, Frankincense, Lavender Absolute
    Base notes
    Sandalwood, Vetiver, Guaiac wood, Amber, Vanilla, Musk, Oakmoss, Leather, Tobacco
    Amouage – Memoir Man - EdP

Leave you ensnare again from the female black swan.

Topic from this fragrance by Amouage is the awareness of life of the Paris Bohème at the time of Charles Beaudelair. Baudelaire picked „Les Fleurs du Mal“ (the flower of the evil) with 36 years. These poetry book with its cryptic poetry, reflects the human being of the 19th century in Paris. Their inner disruption between good and evil but also the dark romance and sweet melancholy of this time. This awareness of life is represented by a Flaneur.
    It is deep night shortly before midnight the Flaneur roams across in mysteriously dark wrapped narrow roads and close lanes. He feels its senses anaesthetized by absinth and opium. He follows a black fog the target of this journey remains however unknown for the Flaneur.
    It is deep night shortly before midnight the Flaneur roams across in mysteriously dark wrapped narrow roads and close lanes. He feels its senses anaesthetized by absinth and opium. He follows a black fog the target of this journey remains however unknown for the Flaneur.

The way leads into an unreal and dark world. A Déjà Vu! This unknown world reflects his alter ego - his memoirs of another person written long before his birth.
    Midnight - with the stroke of the church tower bell the black fog transforms into a female black swan. In fear of the black swan the Flaneur must follow him into the unknown. He must find out who it is.
    Midnight - with the stroke of the church tower bell the black fog transforms into a female black swan. In fear of the black swan the Flaneur must follow him into the unknown. He must find out who it is.

The Scent

The fragrance is inspired by the attitude of life of the Paris Bohème in the times of Charles Beaudelair reflecting by the odor of la Fée the Verte the Absinth.

The World of Shadows is been opened by the compelling chords of spearmint, wormwood, basil, vanilla, mint and rose. Dark and woody chords as sandalwood, vetiver and guaiacwood emphasize this mystery mood. She prepares the way for the exhilarating combination of absinth
    and wormwood. Like a memoire the odor is composed out of different chords and fragments as sandalwood, vetiver and guaiacwood that combines itself to an amazing overall picture.

The Flacon

The flacon of Memoir of the Black Swan is black – black as the fog which gathers through the small and winding streets and alleys.
    A slight glance covers the precious black flacon like a glimmering drop of water from the fog. The packaging is inspired from the black fog which gathers through the street of the sleeping Paris.

I find this to be a the little more wearable brother to "INTERLUDE". The incense is there but it isnt AS prominent as in Interlude. I much prefer Memoir over interlude. It's not one of my faves but I find it wearable and enjoy it. Unlike Interlude which is so rich in incense that it smells like a bomb of ash, this has a lot more layers and there are more notes allowed to shine than just that one strong incense note in Interlude.

To me, this is a 3/5. not bottle worthy but I'm glad that I had the opportunity to smell it and wear it! will surely wear it again

Legend
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

by » Mon April 2nd, 2018, 19:37

Scent of March 31.

AMOUAGE

MYTHS MAN

Myths Man is a fantastic journey into the realm of the Chinese dragon. The Chinese Dragon is a symbol - for power, for strength. For the male. The Chinese Dragon represents the most powerful of all men in ancient China - the emperor.

THE FRAGRANCE

The adventurous ride on the back of the Chinese dragon starts with hints of roses and orris. A dark red rose pulsates in the heart of this oriental perfume. Caressed by Elemi, vetiver and a whiff of rum, it exudes intoxicating aromas - highlighted by labdanum and leather nuances in the base note.
    I do like this one. The heavy leatheriness is limbered by the florals. And the florals don's smell too feminine because of the leather. Very interesting combo. Very clever, too.
    Another reviewer once described this as the smell of a women's leather purse with flowers inside. Sounds very feminine but if you smell Myths, you will get what the person means.

It's an amazing frag but the sweetness of the florals is not something I enjoy wearing all the time. It can get a little headache-y over time for me.
    Not yet bottle worthy for me.
    However, this is one of the cheapest Amouage frags because it seems to be universally hated by the fragrance community. Many people find it to be unwearable and very daring.
    I disagree - on the right person this would be marvelous. Just not on me. And not on many many perople. But that is why we have niche fragrances, am I right?
    4/5 rating from me.

Legend
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

by » Mon April 2nd, 2018, 19:53

Scent of yesterday:

AMOUAGE

BEACH HUT MAN

An olfactive escape to a place of freedom and oblivion where nature overpowers all senses.
    Topnotes: Mint, neroli, galbanum
    Heartnotes: Vetiver, moss, ivy
    Basenotes: Patchouli, myrrh, dry wood
    I love this one. So summery. Could see myself wearing this a lot. Might get a bottle!!
    4/5
    I dont like the name though. You have epic names like MEMOIR, HONOUR, FATE, MYTHS and the Beach Hut? ok.
    but the name makes sense.
    while this one certainly is a lot more crowd-pleasing than some of the other amouages, it is definitely still NOT basic in the slightest.
    If I had to describe this scent in one word it would be beautiful. I have never smelled something so fresh, young, old, green, deep yet light before. I think this can be worn as a unisex fragrance as well!

Legend
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

by » Mon April 2nd, 2018, 20:04

Scent of today:

AMOUAGE

JUBILATION XXV

(Jubilatio 25 Man)

With the grandeur of a great epic, Jubilation XXV for men opens majestically with notes of the finest frankincense from Oman.

At its heart are elegant notes of rose, orchid and smoky gaiac wood,evoking the philosophy of the enigmatic man carrying the essence of his sophitication across all eras and cultures.

Like the magic of a spellbinding epiphany, notes of musk, myrrh, cedarwood, ambergris, patchouli and immortelle resonate in the depth of the fragrance expressing his longing to travel far, across all continents, to find the ethereal unknown.
    Topnotes: labdanum ciste, coriander, orange, davana, frankincense, blackberry
    Heartnotes: honey, bay, cinnamon, orchid, rose, clove, celery seeds, gaiac Wood
    Basenotes: patchouli, opoponax, myrrh, atlas cedarwood, musk, moss, ambergris, oud wood, immortelle
    The listing of notes is ridiculous. you can't smell more than 8 out of this MASS of notes.

however, I do like this one a lot.
    The incense is there but at first not super noticeable. At first, light fruity scents (blackberry!) and orange dominate. Super interesting and lovely, yet masculine.

The dry down has a dominent incense note, but it is not unpleasant. I find the blackberry and orange notes from the beginning that make this one for me fade rather quickly and while the dried down scent is certainly not bad, it doesnt have the desired effect (to me at least.)
    I therefore find myself re-applying this one rather frequently for an eau de parfum. Not because the longevity is not there but the important notes fade to the background and in order to get that first sensation again, this one has to be touched up.
    It's fine though!
    4/5 would be my rating of this one.
    I find myself smelling my wrist and wanting to re-apply this now that I have worn it about 2-3 hours. It is still there and it is still strong but I need those top notes back! DANGER: fear of overspraying in the long run - might offend some people when in public because of the great projetion and sillage these perfumes have!

Superstar
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)

by » Mon April 2nd, 2018, 20:24

messssssssssssss what is this thread? Perfume Addicts unite

How do you have the money to buy all of these?

Anyway:

what a trashy bop from Myah Jean.
    The virtue of stanning talent & having qualitea taste: DUA LIPA ♪ RIHANNA ♪ MADONNA
    #NO DUSTY DIVAS ALLOWED

Legend
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

by » Mon April 2nd, 2018, 20:36

I explained it earlier
    I got like 6-8 amouage samples (2 or 3 ml) as well as two miniature box sets which combined have 12 scents. I also have one full size

Of course I can’t afford all these in full size nor do I want to. I don’t like all of them!
    It would be foolish to spend upwards of 200 or 250 bucks on a fragrance you don’t truly love

So in total the frags are worth about 750 bucks still but only one full size

Legend
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

by » Mon April 2nd, 2018, 20:37

Oh and I despise that song hahahahha

But I actually enjoy the uptempos from BJ
    So trashy but perfect for drunk hoe mood

The shade you call her Myah Jean ahahahhahaha
    Didn’t Myah Marie apologized for saying she sung 100% of the album later on?

Superstar
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)

by » Mon April 2nd, 2018, 20:39

Quote Originally Posted by MrDiva
    Oh and I despise that song hahahahha

But I actually enjoy the uptempos from BJ
    So trashy but perfect for drunk hoe mood

The shade you call her Myah Jean ahahahhahaha
    Didn’t Myah Marie apologized for saying she sung 100% of the album later on?
    exactly

yeah but I think she was forced to apologize.
    The virtue of stanning talent & having qualitea taste: DUA LIPA ♪ RIHANNA ♪ MADONNA
    #NO DUSTY DIVAS ALLOWED

Legend
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

by » Mon April 2nd, 2018, 23:09

Quote Originally Posted by ThaInfo1
    Scent of the day: ass