Thread: Malaysia Airlines hunts for missing plane carrying 239

Legend
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu August 20th, 2015, 22:20

Quote Originally Posted by jpguy
    This is such a scary mystery to be honest... :-? :-? :-?
    100% horror movie material imo

Manager
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri August 21st, 2015, 05:44

I guess nothing came out of those finds in Reunion. :(
    It's like I'm kissing her too...She's perfect.
    Selena Gomez - REVIVAL

Legend
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sun August 30th, 2015, 08:23

So I'm guessing the debris hasn't given them much clues?
    We lose track of a plane in 2014
    | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Legend
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu September 3rd, 2015, 16:26

Paris prosecutor's office just confirmed that the debris found on Reunion Island does belong to MH370 :(
    Cha Cha Instructor

Manager
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu September 3rd, 2015, 20:12

Quote Originally Posted by spiritboy
    Paris prosecutor's office just confirmed that the debris found on Reunion Island does belong to MH370 :(
    Such a shame. Back to square one.
    It's like I'm kissing her too...She's perfect.
    Selena Gomez - REVIVAL

Legend
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu September 3rd, 2015, 20:50

Quote Originally Posted by TrinidadNavy
    What do you mean? They finally found part of the plane.

Legend
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri September 4th, 2015, 01:17

Quote Originally Posted by JimJim
    Quote Originally Posted by TrinidadNavy
    What do you mean? They finally found part of the plane.
    I think he meant the search intensifies and continues. May the lucky packet search continue. They've now got to analyze currents from the time the plane went missing to the time they found this debris to try and determine where the plane may be. That's a lot of sea currents to analyze.
    | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Legend
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed January 18th, 2017, 21:40

Search for Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 Is Called Off After Nearly 3 Years

Almost three years after Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 disappeared with 239 people on board, officials said on Tuesday that they had called off the underwater search for the plane, ensuring that one of the great aviation mysteries will remain unsolved for the foreseeable future.

The decision, which had been expected, indefinitely suspends an intensive deep-sea search in the southern Indian Ocean for remnants of the plane, a Boeing 777. The underwater search turned up no traces of the aircraft, although pieces of debris were found as far away as Tanzania.

Flight 370 disappeared on the way from Kuala Lumpur, the Malaysian capital, to Beijing on March 8, 2014, prompting the largest and costliest search in aviation history. Investigators determined that the plane veered off course and few south for several hours, for reasons that remain unknown.

“Today the last search vessel has left the underwater search area,” the governments of Australia, China and Malaysia, the three countries that oversaw the search, said in a joint statement on Tuesday. “Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 has not been located in the 120,000-square-kilometer underwater search area in the southern Indian Ocean,” a zone of more than 46,000 square miles.

“Despite every effort using the best science available, cutting-edge technology, as well as modeling and advice from highly skilled professionals who are the best in their field, unfortunately, the search has not been able to locate the aircraft,” the statement said. “Accordingly, the underwater search for MH370 has been suspended.”

At a news conference in Sydney on Wednesday, Australia’s prime minister, Malcolm Turnbull, said, “We grieve with the families of the victims and we share their deep disappointment that the plane has not been found.”

“There has been a massive search. It is an unprecedented search,” Mr. Turnbull added. “It has been conducted with the best advice over the areas that were identified as the most likely to find the location of the airplane.”

“It is incomprehensible that they would give up right now,” a sobbing Grace Nathan, 28, whose mother, Anne Daisy, was on the flight, said in a telephone interview from Kuala Lumpur. “I can’t imagine living the rest of my life accepting that people just disappeared into thin air.” :-?

Investigators have several theories about what happened. They believe that the plane ran out of fuel, and one theory holds that the pilots tried to make an emergency landing at sea. It has also been suggested that one or both pilots lost control of the aircraft, that one was a rogue pilot, or that the plane was hijacked.

What investigators do know from radar and satellite communications data is that the plane made several turns, then flew south for five hours. That information led them to concentrate the search along a 400-mile arc from which the plane most likely sent its last signal.

The first phase of the search, lasting 52 days, was conducted from the air, covering 1.7 million square miles and involving 334 search flights.

Australia, China and Malaysia have said since July that the search would end if the plane were not found. China is involved because 153 of the passengers on the plane were Chinese.

In December, investigators said they may have been looking too far south and recommended expanding the search zone. But the Australian government said that without more credible evidence on a specific location, the search, which cost a total of $150 million, would be called off this month.

“We remain hopeful that new information will come to light and that at some point in the future the aircraft will be located,” the statement on Tuesday said.

About 20 pieces of debris believed to be from the missing jet have been recovered, including a wing part, known as a flaperon, that was found on Réunion Island, east of Madagascar, in July 2015. That location, combined with analysis of ocean currents, supported the theory that the plane had crashed in the southern Indian Ocean.

The end of the search appeared to dash the last hopes of victims’ relatives. “There have been so many similar incidents and people were always able to find something,” said Liu Jiani, whose grandparents, Chinese citizens, were on the plane. “Why has nothing been found?”
    This will forever one of human history's biggest mysteries to date :( :-? :-? :-?

Legend
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed January 18th, 2017, 23:15

I'll always maintain, how the F can we lose track of a plane in 2014!!!
    And then there's these so called "experts" that not even all their brains out together could solve this! It always felt like a guessing game to me! Absolutely pathetic!

And what was said above, to think people and a plane just vanished into thin air :-?

Biggest fail in human history!!!

Legend
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed January 18th, 2017, 23:22

Quote Originally Posted by Guru
    I'll always maintain, how the F can we lose track of a plane in 2014!!!
    And then there's these so called "experts" that not even all their brains out together could solve this! It always felt like a guessing game to me! Absolutely pathetic!

And what was said above, to think people and a plane just vanished into thin air :-?

Biggest fail in human history!!!
    And because it's not possible to lose a plane in 2014, this suggests a cover up. I guess whoever of us lives long enough will find out what happened eventually.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu January 19th, 2017, 03:40

A commercial passenger plane goes off the radar in a high traffic area and does not cause widespread panic until several hours later. That itself is enough reason for me to think there is a major cover up.

Legend
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu January 19th, 2017, 04:54

Quote Originally Posted by SpyVsSpy
    A commercial passenger plane goes off the radar in a high traffic area and does not cause widespread panic until several hours later. That itself is enough reason for me to think there is a major cover up.
    Amongst other things, yes.

Legend
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu January 19th, 2017, 10:56

Cover up for what?

Do you think terrorists blew up the plane mid-air?
    Cha Cha Instructor

Legend
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu January 19th, 2017, 11:42

Cover up for what?

Not cover up in the sense you are thinking.
    Someone didn't do their job (or do it properly) which could have meant tracking the missing plane. Instead we sit here 3yrs later with no plane traced.

With the parts floating in the ocean, I have no doubt it's lying there somewhere.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu January 19th, 2017, 12:33

Quote Originally Posted by Guru
    Cover up for what?

Not cover up in the sense you are thinking.
    Someone didn't do their job (or do it properly) which could have meant tracking the missing plane. Instead we sit here 3yrs later with no plane traced.

With the parts floating in the ocean, I have no doubt it's lying there somewhere.
    Yes. I believe it was a mix of incompetence and acts of ass-saving. By the time they realized they needed to own up it was far too late.

Legend
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat May 4th, 2019, 07:20

5yrs on and the world still cannot trace planes with passengers.
    Interesting documentary I’ve come across: