User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 166

Thread: Malaysia Airlines hunts for missing plane carrying 239

  1. #26
    jio's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    15 Jul 2009
    Posts
    14,367
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Mon March 10th, 2014, 20:55

    Or that the phone was stolen prior to the flight... there are many explanations and it's just one phone so I guess not...

  2. #27
    menime123's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    01 May 2005
    Posts
    18,628
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Tue March 11th, 2014, 01:56

    "Previously on LOST..."

    Joking aside, it's an extremely sad situation. What I don't understand is how a plane can just vanish - ocean or no ocean. The world is too sophisticated now for something like this to happen, surely .

    I don't believe there's any terrorism involved. There's too much uncertainty, no gain and no one has come forward. I've wondered if the plane was taken for some reason and landed somewhere, but even then, how do you hide a plane?
    SLOW DOWN PAPI... NO MEN IN ME.

  3. #28
    JSparksFan's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    24 Jul 2009
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    51,388
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Tue March 11th, 2014, 02:09

    Has something like this ever happened before? It's been gone for more than three days now. So, so sad. :(
    You can search the entire universe and not find a single being more worthy of love than you.

    Akini's Top 100 Drag Race Queens: [10-6]

  4. #29
    MrLeonix's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    13 Jan 2013
    Posts
    23,151
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Tue March 11th, 2014, 02:20

    its just matter of time they find the plane , it must be basically pulverized.


    Quote Originally Posted by JSparksFan
    Has something like this ever happened before? It's been gone for more than three days now. So, so sad. :(
    Yes it has happened before
    Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

  5. #30
    android's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    12 Jun 2007
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    7,666
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Tue March 11th, 2014, 12:50

    The Malaysian military believes the missing plane flew for more than an hour after vanishing from air traffic control screens, changing course and travelling west over the Strait of Malacca. If this be true they have been looking in the wrong place.



  6. #31
    jio's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    15 Jul 2009
    Posts
    14,367
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Tue March 11th, 2014, 13:10

    So what could be the reason causing a plane to disappear from the radars while still on air for a full hour? And wouldn't an unidentified plane flying close to the Malacca straits (which are terribly important for worldwide trade) cause all kinds of alarm to Indonesian, Malaysian, Singapore and American authorities alike?

  7. #32
    android's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    12 Jun 2007
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    7,666
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Tue March 11th, 2014, 13:27

    Quote Originally Posted by jio
    So what could be the reason causing a plane to disappear from the radars while still on air for a full hour? And wouldn't an identified plane flying close to the Malacca straits (which are terribly important for worldwide trade) cause all kinds of alarm to Indonesian, Malaysian, Singapore and American authorities alike?
    Not sure Jio but If the reports from the military are verified, it would mean the plane was able to maintain a cruising altitude and flew for about 500 km (350 miles) with its transponder and other tracking systems apparently switched off. :-?

  8. #33
    jio's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    15 Jul 2009
    Posts
    14,367
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Tue March 11th, 2014, 13:31

    Quote Originally Posted by android
    Quote Originally Posted by jio
    So what could be the reason causing a plane to disappear from the radars while still on air for a full hour? And wouldn't an identified plane flying close to the Malacca straits (which are terribly important for worldwide trade) cause all kinds of alarm to Indonesian, Malaysian, Singapore and American authorities alike?
    Not sure Jio but If the reports from the military are verified, it would mean the plane was able to maintain a cruising altitude and flew for about 500 km (350 miles) with its transponder and other tracking systems apparently switched off. :-?
    I was thinking that the transponders are located in the black box and cannot be turned off no matter what. At least that's what they were saying when the Cypriot plane crashed in Athens a few years back. Anybody knows if this is the case for all planes or is it possible for the pilot or another person to actually turn the tracking systems off?

  9. #34
    jio's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    15 Jul 2009
    Posts
    14,367
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Tue March 11th, 2014, 13:34

    btw I meant unidentified plane

  10. #35
    android's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    12 Jun 2007
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    7,666
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Tue March 11th, 2014, 13:42

    It certainly is a mystery, I hope they find the black boxes. I read somewhere that the battery on the tracking signal for the black boxes lasts for 30 days if there still intact.

  11. #36
    Personal Assistant
    Join Date
    09 May 2013
    Posts
    1,286
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Tue March 11th, 2014, 15:01

    The conspiracy theories are not bad in this case. The plane went missing in the perfect time for Russia ( Crimea invasion).

  12. #37
    jio's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    15 Jul 2009
    Posts
    14,367
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Tue March 11th, 2014, 17:33

    I don't get the connection... anyway if they don't find it by tomorrow it will become the longest-missing plane in history. So far the record still goes to that French plane which fell in the Atlantic and was found after 5 days

  13. #38
    spiritboy's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    11 Jan 2004
    Location
    Turkey
    Posts
    27,672
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Tue March 11th, 2014, 21:16

    Maybe there's a section like Bermuda Triangle in that area :-?
    Cha Cha Instructor

  14. #39
    Manager
    Join Date
    19 Apr 2012
    Posts
    4,752
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Tue March 11th, 2014, 21:35

    RIP to the lost people.

    This is all too strange and creepy, there has never been a plane disappearing in the blink of an eye like this if I'm not mistaken. Very sad news.

  15. #40
    oasisbobo's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    20 May 2006
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    14,683
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Tue March 11th, 2014, 22:16

    Strange strange story, the outcome will be interesting...

  16. #41
    jio's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    15 Jul 2009
    Posts
    14,367
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Tue March 11th, 2014, 23:27

    Reading about weird plane stories, there was a Korean plane (I just read it) which was shot down by the Soviet Union when it accidentally entered Soviet territory during a commercial flight. They found the wreckage and all in the sea but the weird part is... they never recovered all the bodies although they did recover clothes and shoes... even shoes that the people in the flight were reportedly wearing while on the flight. The Soviet Union returned over 100 pairs of shoes but only body parts from about 15 people... Which is absolutely strange...

  17. #42
    Bellus's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    07 Nov 2012
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    11,222
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Wed March 12th, 2014, 04:37

    This is starting to creep me out :(
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerPeur
    Time stops for the Kween everytime WBT is performed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldmoney
    So does her microphone

  18. #43
    Personal Assistant
    Join Date
    25 Feb 2005
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    2,406
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Wed March 12th, 2014, 12:46

    There's certainly something very unnerving about this. Something isn't sitting right about the whole thing.. Fake passports, phone ringing through, nobody coming forward. :-?
    Yeah Yeah Yeah, We Could Do This Forever!

  19. #44
    jio's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    15 Jul 2009
    Posts
    14,367
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Wed March 12th, 2014, 13:01

    Quote Originally Posted by LightSeeker
    There's certainly something very unnerving about this. Something isn't sitting right about the whole thing.. Fake passports, phone ringing through, nobody coming forward. :-?
    Fake passports and phone ringing through (as well as that some passengers checked in but didn't travel) are not as big deals as they sound, it happens in all flights. Just nobody pays attention until some accident happens. The phone could very well be lost or stolen, the fake passports are much more common across the world than we may think and anybody who has worked in the field of immigration knows that and the passengers who didn't travel once again it is very common, in fact most airlines overbook their flights just to cover that and in the rare case that all passengers appear for the flight they actually pay you to travel with another flight. None of those have any real significance by themselves. What is really mysterious to me about this is how they can claim that the plane turned back and flew for over an hour without any civilian radar picking it up and without the pilots sending some sort of distress signal. That's what really doesn't make sense.

  20. #45
    android's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    12 Jun 2007
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    7,666
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Wed March 12th, 2014, 13:21

    Here is another theory on what might have gone wrong.

    The US airline safety regulator warned last year of cracking in the fuselage skin underneath a Boeing 777’s satellite antenna, issuing a worldwide alert for the flaw to be fixed as it could lead to decompression that would leave occupants unconscious.
    The problem identified by the US Federal Aviation Administration provides a possible explanation as to why a Malaysia Airlines Boeing 777 plane mysteriously went missing en route to Beijing on Saturday.


    B777 antenna locations: the cracks were reported under the stacom antenna on top of the aircraft.





    A structural failure related to the flaw could not only have led to a slow decompression that left the 239 passengers and crew on the missing flight unconscious, it would also have disabled satellite communications, including the Aircraft Communications Addressing and Reporting System (ACARS), which transmits data of the plane’s location automatically.

    It would also have rendered the plane invisible to all but 'primary radar', which has a range of only 100 nautical miles.

  21. #46
    ThaInfo1's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    27 Nov 2006
    Location
    Wherever your fine daddy is at.
    Posts
    22,760
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Wed March 12th, 2014, 14:21

    THIS PLANE STILL HASNT BEEN FOUND! WTF... :evil:
    Quote Originally Posted by Serby
    Cuz you ugly and can't relate

  22. #47
    jio's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    15 Jul 2009
    Posts
    14,367
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Wed March 12th, 2014, 17:15

    Quote Originally Posted by android
    Here is another theory on what might have gone wrong.

    The US airline safety regulator warned last year of cracking in the fuselage skin underneath a Boeing 777’s satellite antenna, issuing a worldwide alert for the flaw to be fixed as it could lead to decompression that would leave occupants unconscious.
    The problem identified by the US Federal Aviation Administration provides a possible explanation as to why a Malaysia Airlines Boeing 777 plane mysteriously went missing en route to Beijing on Saturday.


    B777 antenna locations: the cracks were reported under the stacom antenna on top of the aircraft.





    A structural failure related to the flaw could not only have led to a slow decompression that left the 239 passengers and crew on the missing flight unconscious, it would also have disabled satellite communications, including the Aircraft Communications Addressing and Reporting System (ACARS), which transmits data of the plane’s location automatically.

    It would also have rendered the plane invisible to all but 'primary radar', which has a range of only 100 nautical miles.
    That would explain everything besides... how and why the plane turned back... because surely a structural failure wouldn't turn the plane back by itself... Also it wouldn't explain why the Malaysian military waited a full 2 days before revealing that it had tracked the plane down the Malacca straits despite its own government looking for it in the completely wrong place and why the presence of a plane by their own national airline so far off its route didn't ring any alarms

  23. #48
    JimJim's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    29 Jun 2008
    Location
    Melbourne, Aus
    Posts
    27,095
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Fri March 14th, 2014, 10:48

    Now that the search has moved to the Indian Ocean, I'm fairly certain we are never gonna know what happened to this flight.

  24. #49
    Loveguru's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    26 Mar 2009
    Posts
    20,183
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Fri March 14th, 2014, 11:48

    I think so too.. well better chance finding a Mariah song in the Itunes 1000 than finding this plane at this rate
    Forever Young

  25. #50
    Personal Assistant
    Join Date
    16 Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,634
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    by » Fri March 14th, 2014, 13:34

    Quote Originally Posted by Loveguru
    I think so too.. well better chance finding a Mariah song in the Itunes 1000 than finding this plane at this rate
    Way to make me feel bad for laughing about such a serious topic (And I mean the flight!!)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •