Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 324

Thread: Kylie Minogue – I Was Gonna Cancel

  1. #51
    Superstar
    Join Date
    28 Feb 2009
    Posts
    7,711
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    by » Tue April 8th, 2014, 19:32

    Great lyric video, really nicely done and dynamic, fits the song. Can't wait for the music video!

    According to the press release:
    Kylie will release “I Was Gonna Cancel” on 12th May, the second single to be taken from her recent album “Kiss Me Once” which charted at number two.

    The new single was written and produced by Pharrell Williams in the US last year. Kylie has recently discussed in interviews that the song came about because she really was going to cancel - she was having a bad day and wasn’t going to go to the studio, but after arriving and shedding a few tears in front of Pharrell, he was inspired to write the highly acclaimed track.

    [...]

    “I Was Gonna Cancel” will be available in the following formats:
    · Digital Download
    · CD
    · 7” Picture Disc
    I love that we're getting physicals again.

  2. #52
    SG1401's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    28 Oct 2009
    Location
    The Roof
    Posts
    8,504
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

    by » Tue April 8th, 2014, 20:12

    I'll be gobsmacked if this becomes the surprise hit of the era

  3. #53
    toni_pest's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    19 Apr 2007
    Posts
    33,018
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

    by » Tue April 8th, 2014, 20:51

    Quote Originally Posted by ANH
    This reminds me of Madonna's music, but also it doesn't because it's not cringe

  4. #54
    Madgefan's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    19 May 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    7,535
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

    by » Tue April 8th, 2014, 21:32

    This should never have been the second single. It's barely going to trouble the charts. So much better on the album than this.
    It might sound like I'm an unapologetic bitch
    But sometimes you know I gotta call it like it is

  5. #55
    spiritboy's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    11 Jan 2004
    Location
    Turkey
    Posts
    29,299
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

    by » Tue April 8th, 2014, 21:47

    Quote Originally Posted by Madgefan
    This should never have been the second single. It's barely going to trouble the charts. So much better on the album than this.
    I don't see another song with the potential of IWC
    Cha Cha Instructor

  6. #56
    Madgefan's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    19 May 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    7,535
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

    by » Tue April 8th, 2014, 21:53

    Quote Originally Posted by spiritboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Madgefan
    This should never have been the second single. It's barely going to trouble the charts. So much better on the album than this.
    I don't see another song with the potential of IWC
    I think there are more with that classic Kylie sound. This just isn't her style, it sounds so wrong for her voice and I think people are seriously overestimating that Pharrells influence will make this a hit.
    It might sound like I'm an unapologetic bitch
    But sometimes you know I gotta call it like it is

  7. #57
    Westen's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    11 Jun 2013
    Posts
    13,327
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)

    by » Tue April 8th, 2014, 21:55

    No one said it's gonna slay because GP's gonna check producers and see it's pharrell, it's because song is fresh and funky/disco, sounds a lot like recent hits and it's the best possible choice for single

    i don't see what else she can release from album, nothing stands out like this and sexercize

  8. #58
    Superstar
    Join Date
    28 Feb 2009
    Posts
    7,711
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    by » Tue April 8th, 2014, 21:56

    I think it's an obvious single choice and it's a positive thing it doesn't have that ordinary Kylie sound, as recent years have shown, going down the safe route doesn't work for her anymore. I say bring it on and see how it turns out.

  9. #59
    Madgefan's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    19 May 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    7,535
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

    by » Tue April 8th, 2014, 21:57

    Quote Originally Posted by ThomyX
    I think it's an obvious single choice and it's a positive thing it doesn't have that ordinary Kylie sound, as recent years have shown, going down the safe route doesn't work for her anymore. I say bring it on and see how it turns out.
    True but it's the 'see how it turns out' that worries me
    It might sound like I'm an unapologetic bitch
    But sometimes you know I gotta call it like it is

  10. #60
    Personal Assistant
    Join Date
    02 Sep 2002
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,116
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    by » Tue April 8th, 2014, 22:02

    Was surprised when I heard was the second single! What happened to Sexercise? This just screams filler album track, it's only getting a release because it's got the Pharrell connection.

    Maybe it'll grown on me when I see the video...
    Without Any Meaning / We're Just Skin & Bone / Like Beautiful Robots Dancing Alone.

  11. #61
    GreekGeek's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    23 Sep 2013
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    10,006
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

    by » Wed April 9th, 2014, 06:56

    Quote Originally Posted by Westen
    No one said it's gonna slay because GP's gonna check producers and see it's pharrell, it's because song is fresh and funky/disco, sounds a lot like recent hits and it's the best possible choice for single

    i don't see what else she can release from album, nothing stands out like this and sexercize
    This!!!
    Oh and Les Sex or Kiss me Once are instant stand outs!!!
    And the 8th day God created KYLIE!!! <3

  12. #62
    Thriller's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    12 Dec 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    79,070
    Mentioned
    308 Post(s)

    by » Thu April 10th, 2014, 11:58

    Quote Originally Posted by Madgefan
    Quote Originally Posted by spiritboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Madgefan
    This should never have been the second single. It's barely going to trouble the charts. So much better on the album than this.
    I don't see another song with the potential of IWC
    I think there are more with that classic Kylie sound. This just isn't her style, it sounds so wrong for her voice and I think people are seriously overestimating that Pharrells influence will make this a hit.
    "Into The Blue" was the classic Kylie sound and it wasn't the smash they hoped for! "I Was Gonna Cancel" is a solid single choice as it's catchy, fits the sound of now and it's what she needs to tempt people to buy the album. I don't suddenly think this is heading for the top 10 but if it can get decent airplay it could do alright.

  13. #63
    Dave20_'s Avatar
    Manager
    Join Date
    05 Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,925
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

  14. #64
    Personal Assistant
    Join Date
    02 Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,952
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    by » Sat April 12th, 2014, 10:33

    ^ is it official? I love it!

  15. #65
    Superstar
    Join Date
    28 Feb 2009
    Posts
    7,711
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    by » Sat April 12th, 2014, 18:07

    That cover seems legit to me! I love it!

  16. #66
    AndiIversen's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    18 Mar 2012
    Location
    Gold coast / Chicago
    Posts
    18,846
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

    by » Sat April 12th, 2014, 18:11

    Cute cover!
    you know she is surely speaking to Warners and/or Roc Nation right?

  17. #67
    Thriller's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    12 Dec 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    79,070
    Mentioned
    308 Post(s)

    by » Sun April 13th, 2014, 17:05

    Great cover!! Reminds of Kate Nash.

  18. #68
    Sayhey's Avatar
    Roadie
    Join Date
    05 Nov 2006
    Posts
    580
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    by » Tue April 15th, 2014, 15:35

    Apparently Golden Boy will be the digital b-side

  19. #69
    Superstar
    Join Date
    28 Feb 2009
    Posts
    7,711
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    by » Tue April 15th, 2014, 20:01

    ^ Great news! The first official remix is also here!

    I Was Gonna Cancel (The Presets Remix)

    Remix EP cover:


    Source: Kylie's Facebook

  20. #70

    Join Date
    06 Feb 2004
    Location
    London
    Posts
    343
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    by » Tue April 15th, 2014, 20:42

    Great remix from The Presets

  21. #71
    Personal Assistant
    Join Date
    10 Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,767
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    by » Tue April 15th, 2014, 22:41

    Finally a great remix!
    Cupid Boy, Give Me Your Love.

  22. #72
    Madgefan's Avatar
    Superstar
    Join Date
    19 May 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    7,535
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

    by » Tue April 15th, 2014, 22:54

    Quote Originally Posted by ThomyX
    ^ Great news! The first official remix is also here!

    I Was Gonna Cancel (The Presets Remix)

    Remix EP cover:


    Source: Kylie's Facebook

    Love that pic
    It might sound like I'm an unapologetic bitch
    But sometimes you know I gotta call it like it is

  23. #73
    Thriller's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    12 Dec 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    79,070
    Mentioned
    308 Post(s)

    by » Wed April 16th, 2014, 13:20

    Love that photo, she looks like the "Confide" era!

  24. #74
    Superstar
    Join Date
    28 Feb 2009
    Posts
    7,711
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    by » Wed April 16th, 2014, 20:36

    Rumour has it the director of the video is the same guy who did Sexercize. Nothing's confirmed yet, though.

  25. #75
    Benjamin's Avatar
    Legend
    Join Date
    29 Mar 2005
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    62,728
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)

    by » Wed April 16th, 2014, 20:44

    This has grown on me big time. Starting to really like this now.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •