Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Leftovers

Manager
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu April 10th, 2014, 12:08

The Leftovers is an upcoming American television drama series created by Damon Lindelof (LOST) and Tom Perrotta set to air on HBO. It is based on Perrotta's novel of the same name. The pilot was written by Lindelof and Perrotta, and directed by Peter Berg. The pilot stars Justin Theroux, Amy Brenneman, Christopher Eccleston, Liv Tyler, Max and Charlie Carver, Chris Zylka and Ann Dowd. It will premiere on HBO on June 15, 2014.
    Synopsis:
    Revolves around the Rapture and follows a group of people who are left behind in the suburban community of Mapleton. They must begin to rebuild their lives after the sudden and mysterious disappearance of more than 100 people.
    Promo teaser: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGjWr0K85S8
    What would you do If you weren't afraid?

Legend
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri June 20th, 2014, 01:44

awesome trailer (uses James Blake's Retrograde)

http://youtu.be/Shn1mPejr_4

those people in white could be the main reason I'm anticipating this

I'll definitely watch this, specially that by the time it starts, all the shows I watch are over, so only this and True Blood for the summer

and it does look very interesting, but hopefully it's not boring like Under the Dome (the other trailer is giving me the same vibe), but since it's HBO, I'm not that worried
    I'm the terminator, bitch talk slick, I'm a have to terminate her ¯\_(?)_/¯

Manager
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat June 21st, 2014, 11:24

I watched preview special of this the other day and i'll will be watching this show when it finally premieres.

Legend
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sun June 22nd, 2014, 13:24

This looks interesting and I like the look of the cast. I hope it doesn't relate the Rapture to religion too much and comes up with something original. I don't have time for religion.

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sun June 22nd, 2014, 23:48

Quote Originally Posted by Brad
    This looks interesting and I like the look of the cast. I hope it doesn't relate the Rapture to religion too much and comes up with something original. I don't have time for religion.

Legend
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed July 23rd, 2014, 03:13

It's not Biblical - it's more science fiction apocalypse than Rapture, as you would expect from a guy behind Lost. They call it The Sudden Departure - and the point is that all kinds of people get taken, killers, criminals, as well as "innocents". It's very interesting - a little bit nuts and infuriating at times - the Guilty Remnants not speaking and all that . Justin Theroux is excellent as the lead. Ep 3 has a tour de force performance from Christopher Eccleston as the troubled pastor (once you get past him talking in an American accent, always odd for us Brits who know him from Cracker and the like to see him talking in anything but a Manchester accent!. Though Paterson Joseph appears occasionally as a weird pervy "messiah" figure (Holy Wayne ) with his normal British accent.) The daughter of Theroux's character is stunning - Andie MacDowell is her mother. Astonishingly, she's even better-looking. Theroux's son looks like Rick Schroder (though it isn't). And Liv Tyler in her TV debut(?) is kind of OK but is part of that annoying GR cult (she's handily used as the only one that talks so far - we'd be in a coma if she wasn't there! ).

Legend
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu July 31st, 2014, 11:56

i so love the show. OMG when that lady was stoned.. i puked a little in my mouth.. so graphic and vile.

Justin Theroux is so hot!!! I hate his daughter..

I so want Amy Brenneman to finally say something. and oh, Liv Tyler is soooo hot too.

Amazing show, i'm so hooked.

Legend
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri August 1st, 2014, 22:31

Seems like Liv Tyler's been around forever but she's still under 40! I remember her from the Aerosmith videos!

Legend
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sat August 2nd, 2014, 00:07

Quote Originally Posted by Blondini
    Seems like Liv Tyler's been around forever but she's still under 40! I remember her from the Aerosmith videos!
    I remember her from dating my husband (see avatar). I'm so pressed for the next episode.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon November 2nd, 2015, 19:29

Does anybody else watch this? I adored the first season and the second season is shaping up to be just as good. One of the highlights of my TV week!

Superstar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon November 23rd, 2015, 22:19

Talking to myself? I can't stress how amazing I find this show, one of the very few I've seen whereby the quality doesn't drop from first to second season. I hope it'll be renewed for a third but I'm not optimistic :(

Superstar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon December 7th, 2015, 23:44

Yep, totally talking to myself but whatevs - I have to put down in writing how utterly STUNNING the finale of this show was.

Legend
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sun December 13th, 2015, 01:27

Quote Originally Posted by Thombus
    Yep, totally talking to myself but whatevs - I have to put down in writing how utterly STUNNING the finale of this show was.
    renewed for season 3.

i cannot believe this. I absolutely love the show. I've not been taken by a new show since dexter and lost.

brilliant brilliant acting and writing.

Legend
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Sun December 13th, 2015, 01:27

2nd season finale was mind expanding. i wonder what is up with kevin and why he cannot die... despite everything, i love lory.

Legend
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed February 17th, 2016, 08:25

the first season is so good, can't say the same about the second

they kind of abandoned everything they've established in the first season, and it's like a new show, still have 3 episodes left, but I'm disappointed so far

Legend
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri February 19th, 2016, 11:23

How did Liv Tyler's character move from being a recruit to the queen of the guilty remnant in a short amount of time? the progression makes no sense at all

Superstar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed May 10th, 2017, 07:45

I'm really enjoying the third season so far, the latest episode was heart wrenching. Love Carrie Coon!

Legend
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon May 29th, 2017, 14:45

Penultimate episode is quite major (daren't really post anything about it but it - sort of - gives you answers). I do think it's strange that Sky Atlantic haven't even started showing the final season in UK yet. They're normally only a week or two behind. I couldn't wait even if i had Sky. Carrie Coon's other show Fargo is getting shown here sooner.

Final episode is called The Book Of Nora which suggests it's centred on her and she's the key to the resolution.

Legend
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Mon June 5th, 2017, 17:44

Great finale. Totally concentrated on the great performances by the two leads.
    Interview with Carrie Coon here explaining her thoughts on the conclusion and her role in general: http://uproxx.com/sepinwall/the-leftove ... interview/
    And with Damon Lindelof: http://www.watchingtheleftovers.com/blo ... ras-ending

Legend
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Tue June 13th, 2017, 22:25

i am at 3.07... one episode to go... and i have to say.. the actors and writers deserve every f'cking award there is. I am chainsmoking thru the episodes now like the good guilty remnant member I am... and omfg I am also trembling... I cannot cope right now because my mind is still stuck on "the other side".

6969 I had to giggle when Kevin had to put his penis on the thing to confirm his identity.

I haven't watched the final episode yet, but I pray to Kevin that Laurie is not dead.

Legend
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Wed June 14th, 2017, 22:26

The Finale gets a solid 10/10 from me... the acting is out of this world. The writing is superior, simply stunning.

The whole series, all 28 episodes combined, is like a poem... one of the best shows ever done for television.

I am rattled and floored, trembling and chainsmoking. I can't. This was such a great journey.

this will become one of the defining moments in TV history.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Fri June 16th, 2017, 19:19

Absolutely stunning season from start to finish. I'm really pleased with the finale. Poignant, touching and beautifully acted 'The Leftovers' is as near to perfect TV as you can get. I hope it gets rewarded as such.

Manager
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by » Thu August 3rd, 2017, 08:07

The best TV show ever. Even better than "Twin Peaks". I was lucky to discover it when the 3rd season ended, so I saw all episodes in just one week. It will be hard to beat this.

Quote Originally Posted by Thombus
    It's insane how many people missed this show, and they're watching "The Walking Dead" or "Game of Thrones". This is at least 10 times better than both shows - combined, not each.
    JanetInfografic
    Solange | Tame Impala | Kelela | The xx