Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: How To Get Away With Murder

Legend
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)

by » Sat November 8th, 2014, 00:57

Quote Originally Posted by famelous
    The gay sex scenes are really off-putting. I seriously can't stand them anymore!
    How so?
    The forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe, for the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was made of wood, he was one of them.

by » Sat November 8th, 2014, 09:39

I feel like I should've used another word, but what puts me off is the way they portrait the gay community by having a character like Connor rather than the sex scenes alone. I guess it makes better sense by saying it in Polish, but I hope you'll get what I mean. The thing is that they're basically showing people that gay man is unable to feel love and is a sexually driven beast with no aspirations in life other than having sex with strangers 24/7. On the other hand, they show those scenes in almost every single episode, yet there were 2(?) heterosexual sex scenes and one of them was mixed with an autopsy of an exhumed girl. I mean, why?

Legend
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

by » Sat November 8th, 2014, 15:06

I feel like I should've used another word, but what puts me off is the way they portrait the gay community by having a character like Connor rather than the sex scenes alone. I guess it makes better sense by saying it in Polish, but I hope you'll get what I mean. The thing is that they're basically showing people that gay man is unable to feel love and is a sexually driven beast with no aspirations in life other than having sex with strangers 24/7. On the other hand, they show those scenes in almost every single episode, yet there were 2(?) heterosexual sex scenes and one of them was mixed with an autopsy of an exhumed girl. I mean, why?

You sound like a feminist now.... finding fault in a faultless scenario. He is promiscous because he doesn't want to settle down yet... gay straight , bi , Kanye is irrelevant.

Also Modern family gays... are potraying that the gay community wants to settle down and buy an Asian baby off ebay?

The annoyance is more highlighting your insecurities as a gay man... how you feel people treat you because you are gay
    Forever Young

Legend
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Sat November 8th, 2014, 15:15

there were 2(?) heterosexual sex scenes and one of them was mixed with an autopsy of an exhumed girl. I mean, why?
    Necrophiliacs now have another show to stan for besides The Walking Dead?

Legend
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)

by » Sat November 8th, 2014, 22:16

Well, to be fair, no single individual or character can accurately represent the gay community. We're a diverse group of people and no one person will ever be able to encompass that diversity. It's sad because minority characters will always be overly scrutinized since there's a heavier burden placed on them to communicate to the masses what the minority group is really like, and to stave off any misconceptions, but I think Connor's character feels authentic. He has commitment issues - something that a lot of guys, not just gay guys, have - and he uses sex as a means to get what he wants - another trait that's not solely restricted to gay men.

That scene with Connor in the club shows that he is able to feel love, as did the scene with him showing up at Oliver's door with the flowers. We don't know why he has commitment issues, but I think that's something we'll know by the end of the season and I'm sure it'll be something that's not exclusive to gay people.

And Connor does have aspirations; he wants to be Annalise's star student and a darn good lawyer. Save for the last sex scene, he used sex as a leverage to advance that aspiration. He had sex with the IT guy to get some document for Annalise (I don't quite remember what it was), then there was the lady's assistant, who he had sex with to plant a tape, which he hoped would record a confession.

He's manipulative, he's shady, and he's a blasted hot mess, but I think we should let Connor represent Connor and just be thankful that we do have a gay character in such a prominent network series. And that the gay man's sexuality isn't stifled, like it usually is.
    The forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe, for the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was made of wood, he was one of them.

Manager
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

by » Tue November 11th, 2014, 07:58

I love how each episode ends with a bang.
    The winds might blow through me
    But I don't care

Legend
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)

by » Fri November 14th, 2014, 08:11

Great episode tonight! Michaela impressed, Connor disappointed a bit, and Wes was as bland as ever. I'm excited for the winter finale!

Oh wait, I just remembered the, "Dude, you should've told me you live in the ghetto" line. Connor's still a winner in my eyes. <3

Legend
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

by » Fri November 14th, 2014, 16:35

Like it don't love it.

The portrayal of the gay guy so far is ridiculous and just re affirms stereotypes of our community. If it was a woman doing that role. The show would be savaged.
    "What goes around comes back around my baby"

Legend
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

by » Sat November 15th, 2014, 02:02

The only thing bringing this down is Wes, they need to get rid by the end of the season.

Superstar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

by » Sat November 15th, 2014, 02:12

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyLover21
    I love how each episode ends with a bang.
    I love it as well.

Legend
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

by » Sat November 15th, 2014, 18:29

I don't like Connor either, but the worst character on 'Murder' by far is Asher. :x Aside from that one scene with that crooked father of his, he doesn't bring anything worthwhile to the table. :-?
    Quote Originally Posted by aRatchet View Post
    Tbh black people should invent another music genre because whites have taken over rap/hip hop and have completely ruined it in the process (just like they did with country and rock).

Manager
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

by » Sat November 15th, 2014, 23:13

Quote Originally Posted by Goldmoney
    I don't like Connor either, but the worst character on 'Murder' by far is Asher. :x Aside from that one scene with that crooked father of his, he doesn't bring anything worthwhile to the table. :-?
    I don't care for Asher either. He tries way too hard.
    But I don't care

Legend
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

by » Sun November 16th, 2014, 22:04

That last episode made both Michaela and Bonnie much more interesting characters than before.
    In terms of hotness, I'd put Frank over Connor.

I find Annalise so damn unlikable though.

Legend
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)

by » Sun November 16th, 2014, 22:58

Quote Originally Posted by IrishLamb
    The only thing bringing this down is Wes, they need to get rid by the end of the season.
    This, he's really getting on my nerves

Legend
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

by » Sun November 16th, 2014, 23:08

Quote Originally Posted by Westen
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishLamb
    This, he's really getting on my nerves
    Oddly enough I really enjoy Rebecca (probably because I love Katie Findlay from The Carrie Diaries), but find Wes so dull.

Legend
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)

by » Fri November 21st, 2014, 06:28

This show is a blasted mess. And I love it.

So many twists this episode! I was actually not that surprised by the end - that long message Annalise left gave it away - but it was an awesome episode nonetheless.

Legend
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

by » Fri November 21st, 2014, 06:42

Quote Originally Posted by Rihab95
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetNothings
    Quote Originally Posted by Rihab95
    This sounds interesting. I wonder if they'll ever bring it to Germany. :(
    Does it matter? They destroy the best shows with their subpar dubbing.
    I don't care if they dub it or not, I just can't be bothered to watch movies let alone a whole series on a crappy online stream.
    download them
    be kind to every kind (also the unkind kind!!!!! )

Legend
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

by » Fri November 21st, 2014, 19:59

The WAY Annalise popped out of the shadows like one of those 'Resident Evil' zombies.
    I ****ing SCREAMED. Viola Davis has to win that Emmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by aRatchet View Post
    Tbh black people should invent another music genre because whites have taken over rap/hip hop and have completely ruined it in the process (just like they did with country and rock).

Legend
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

by » Fri November 21st, 2014, 21:39

Viola's a good actress but a tad overrated IMO.
    I kinda guessed the twist on some level.

I think Michaela and Laurel are my favourite characters.

Great episode though!

Legend
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

by » Fri November 21st, 2014, 21:56

Terrific episode with some great twists and an amazing Viola Davis! This is definitely the best new TV show this year.

Can't believe that we have to wait until 29 January for the next episode. :(

Superstar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

by » Sat November 22nd, 2014, 11:51

I binge watched all 9 episodes today, it's a pretty good show but not on the level of Slayndal.

Rebecca is such an idiot. I can't even deal... I wanted to slap her throughout every episode...

All the characters are pretty interesting IMO, they all have certain quirks and differences that make them unique. This show is full of SO much sex though... like, calm down. One thing I really don't get is the relationship between Annalise and Bonnie... I assume her husband and Bonnie had an affair or something in the past but why did Annalise fire her when she told her about him lying??

Anyways, that last scene of the finale gave me chills all up and down my spine. Seriously was not expecting her to be there at all.
    Listen to my 2016 Eurovision Song Contest entry: MIRACLE

Manager
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    But I don't care

Legend
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

by » Sat November 22nd, 2014, 16:55

Brilliant show.

Scenario is great and storyline, and Viola bow down to that actress

Legend
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)

by » Sun November 23rd, 2014, 21:37

I saw that picture where she is sitting in front of body and damn i did not expect that to see at the end

This midseason finale was AMAZING and great twist at the end

Legend
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

by » Fri December 12th, 2014, 15:38

I've tried sticking with this show but it is absolutely pathetic so far. Everyone is a cheat/ whore. It relegates every character to a retard motivated by what is between his legs.

Really shocked at how useless this is especially compared to the holy grail.
    "What goes around comes back around my baby"