• Mainshow
    Legend
    • 06 Apr 2012

Selena Gomez

SELENA GOMEZ
    * 11 Platinum Singles
    * 3 #1 albums on Billboard 200
    * 31 entries on Billboard - The Hot 100
    Last edited by Mainshow; Thu October 27, 2022, 07:46.
    Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue
  • Mainshow
    Legend
    • 06 Apr 2012

I cannot beleive that it took us that long to finally get an own thread for Selena Gomez in the General Artists Discussion!

I haven't been aware of Selena's music from the beginnin' of her career but I started to like her after the release of "Naturally". I bought "A Year Without Rain", when it was reduced and I started to fall in love with her. I bought her other two albums on the date of their releases, I've also attened to her "Stars Dance" Tour and I have to say that I was amused and truly impressed. It's incredible how she's grown-up that fast! - If you don't know, what I'm talkin' about, you better take a closer look on her video for "Come & Get It" again.

--------------------------------------

Since today, it's all on the web! Rumor has it that Selene is about to release her first GREATEST HITS later this year!
    The release of a Greatest Hits will set her free from her current record label "Hollywood Records". Currently, she''s in the studio recordin' new material.

news // 26 Jun 2014
    Selena Gomez to release “Greatest Hits Album” later this year!

When you are ready? Come and end your record deal with a “Greatest Hits“. Yes. Disney princess and international popstar Selena Gomez is currently working in the studio on new music to delight her fans.

This month, Selena Gomez has fired Direct Management’s Martin Kirkup and Steve Jensen, according to those close to the artist and start working in her new solo project, which will be released next year. Her new handler is officially Aleen Kesheshian of Brillstein Grey, a heavyweight in the film-and-TV sector; among her longtime clients are Jennifer Aniston, Natalie Portman, Mark Ruffalo, Zoe Saldana and Laura Linney.

Gomez is working on a couple of new tracks for a greatest hits collection that will be her final release under her current Disney deal with Hollywood Records. The compilation is scheduled to be released this fall including smash singles “Come & Get It” and “Slow Down“, plus songs recorded in her previously musical project Selena Gomez & the Scene, including hits like “Naturally” or “Love You Like a Love Song“.
    source: josepvinaixa.com

Thoughts?

Personally, I think it's way too early for that! - I'm still waitin' for that lost 3rd single taken from "Stars Dance" and after that she should release a whole new studio album! Don't wanna see an Adam Lamber 2.0!

Comment

• Tansike
      Site Supporter
      • 28 Jan 2012

There was no topic for her? Biggest shock of the year tbh

She has actually 8 platinum singles by the way

Anyway, we discussed her announced GH earlier today in the "Stars Dance" charts topic.

There i posted this list:

1. Falling Down
      2. Naturally
      3. Round And Round
      4. A Year Without Rain
      5. Who Says
      (6. Bang Bang Bang)
      7. Love You Like A Love Song
      8. Come & Get It
      9. Slow Down
      (10. Dices)

And now it just came to my mind that i totally forgot "Hit The Lights". So looking back she really had amazing singles. Can't wait for new songs.

edit: Mainshow was fast! I think a GH is okay after four (!) albums and looking at the list above i'd say she has enough material for it.

Comment

• Mainshow
        Legend
        • 06 Apr 2012

Originally posted by Tansike
        There was no topic for her? Biggest shock of the year tbh
        ikr! She's released four albums and if you search for "Selena Gomez" in the General Artists Discusscion section, you'll just find 6 pages without one pointin' to an own topic! I was totally shocked as well!

She has actually 8 platinum singles by the way
        Thx for pointin' this out!

Anyway, we discussed her announced GH earlier today in the "Stars Dance" charts topic.

There i posted this list:

1. Falling Down
        2. Naturally
        3. Round And Round
        4. A Year Without Rain
        5. Who Says
        (6. Bang Bang Bang)
        7. Love You Like A Love Song
        8. Come & Get It
        9. Slow Down
        (10. Dices)

And now it just came to my mind that i totally forgot "Hit The Lights". So looking back she really had amazing singles. Can't wait for new songs.

edit: Mainshow was fast! I think a GH is okay after four (!) albums and looking at the list above i'd say she has enough material for it.
        If you look it that way, it shouldn't offend anyone. Britney released her first Greatest Hits album (and the only one which matters) after four studio albums as well. Nevertheless, Britney had released 19 singles at that time. That's almost the double amount of the released singles by Selena. - I don't think that an artist should do a "Greatest Hits", when he or she even didn't release enough singles to fill the whole album. And isn't the point of a "Greatest Hits" to release the biggest, most memorable hits/tunes? - Selena could do a "Singles Collection" (9 tracks) + a whole new album (11 tracks) Not till then she'll reach the glorious 19-track GH Britney had released

Comment

• Noahh
          Legend
          • 02 Mar 2010

Can't believe there wasn't even a thread for Selena Gomez before!

I'm ok with a Greatest Hits album coming out, as long as it's a good and not sloppy one like many artists release these days. I want a good seletion of songs and a couple of new ones to promote the album!
          "You know I got the sauce, you know I'm saucy"

Comment

• joiPrince_JO
            Legend
            • 31 Mar 2011

A GH album at this point is very tacky imo.... eight singles are not enough. I will no longer support her music, she needs to get her life back in order and get rid of Bieber. I mean we all had those kind of relationships, no one can save her but she herself.
            ? Girls' Generation ?
            ? HyoYeon ? Britney Spears ?

Girls' Generation is the best-selling girl group of all time.

Comment

• Mainshow
              Legend
              • 06 Apr 2012

Originally posted by Noahh

I'm ok with a Greatest Hits album coming out, as long as it's a good and not sloppy one like many artists release these days. I want a good seletion of songs and a couple of new ones to promote the album!
              But how can this turn out to be a good "Greatest Hits" album, when she's just released 10 singles so far?

Originally posted by joiPrince_JO
              A GH album at this point is very tacky imo.... eight singles are not enough. I will no longer support her music, she needs to get her life back in order and get rid of Bieber. I mean we all had those kind of relationships, no one can save her but she herself.
              So you decided not to like her music now because o her relationship to Bieber? - Isn't that a bit over the top? - We don't have a problem with Britney's boyfriend, although he's said to be homophobic.

Comment

• Noahh
                Legend
                • 02 Mar 2010

Originally posted by Mainshow

But how can this turn out to be a good "Greatest Hits" album, when she's just released 10 singles so far?
                Yeah that's true. It's definitely too early for her to release one, but if she really is going to be releasing one I hope they will choose the tracklist wisely and hopefully some new songs.

Comment

• joiPrince_JO
                  Legend
                  • 31 Mar 2011

So you decided not to like her music now because o her relationship to Bieber? - Isn't that a bit over the top? - We don't have a problem with Britney's boyfriend, although he's said to be homophobic.
                  You compare a person that has a criminal record, is taking drugs and is obviously a pretentious brat to Britney's boyfriend? Okay.
                  ? Girls' Generation ?

Comment

• Mainshow
                    Legend
                    • 06 Apr 2012

[quote=joiPrince_JO]

Originally posted by "joiPrince_JO":1ganryl0
                    You compare a person that has a criminal record, is taking drugs and is obviously a pretentious brat to Britney's boyfriend? Okay.[/quote:1ganryl0]

It's not like Britney, Justin Timberlake or Kevin Federline have never taken drugs - I do not support Selena's relationship with Bieber but she's a grown-up woman. If she's really in love with someone who are we do judge her or even start to not like her music because of that? - It's kinda a Rihanna/Chris Brown situation here; just without the beatin' and less drugs for the girl - And we still listen to Rihanna's music, don't we?

Comment

• Noahh
                      Legend
                      • 02 Mar 2010

I will not stop supporting someone based on who they're dating but I do truly hope that Selena will ditch Justin Beaver once and for all. She deserves a real man that treats her right, not that messed up/lost kid.

Anway, let's not make it a Selena/Justin thread. Let's keep it fun.

What is your favorite single and non-single from each album?

Comment

• joiPrince_JO
                        Legend
                        • 31 Mar 2011

[quote=Mainshow]

Originally posted by "joiPrince_JO":1ni0cjly
                        You compare a person that has a criminal record, is taking drugs and is obviously a pretentious brat to Britney's boyfriend? Okay.
                        It's not like Britney, Justin Timberlake or Kevin Federline have never taken drugs - I do not support Selena's relationship with Bieber but she's a grown-up woman. If she's really in love with someone who are we do judge her or even start to not like her music because of that? - It's kinda a Rihanna/Chris Brown situation here; just without the beatin' and less drugs for the girl - And we still listen to Rihanna's music, don't we?[/quote:1ni0cjly]
                        It's not like releasing a GH album after 8 singles is tacky enough.... I don't know I just find her very disturbing these days. Granted, her relationship with Bieber is none of my business but she is setting a bad example to all women and young girls out there. I hope that she will find her way out of this mess one day and that it doesn't end in the way Britney's marriage did.
                        ? Girls' Generation ?

Comment

• GetBack
                          Legend
                          • 11 Jun 2010

A greatest hits is way too early. Britney did it four studio albums into her career but she indeed had a lot of big hits in those four studio albums.

Comment

• Mainshow
                            Legend
                            • 06 Apr 2012

[quote=joiPrince_JO]
                            Originally posted by "joiPrince_JO":3hzzpbwd
                            It's not like Britney, Justin Timberlake or Kevin Federline have never taken drugs - I do not support Selena's relationship with Bieber but she's a grown-up woman. If she's really in love with someone who are we do judge her or even start to not like her music because of that? - It's kinda a Rihanna/Chris Brown situation here; just without the beatin' and less drugs for the girl - And we still listen to Rihanna's music, don't we?
                            It's not like releasing a GH album after 8 singles is tacky enough.... I don't know I just find her very disturbing these days. Granted, her relationship with Bieber is none of my business but she is setting a bad example to all women and young girls out there. I hope that she will find her way out of this mess one day and that it doesn't end in the way Britney's marriage did.[/quote:3hzzpbwd]

If you say it that way, I completely agree with you. Most of nowadays female pop stars are no good examples to young fans and I think that Selena has every right to make her own mistakes, like Britney did. That said, I do not wish her to fall the same way and I would love to see her ditchin' Justin for good. Like Noahh said, she deserves a real man.

That's a good idea, my dear friend ;) - Here are my favourites:

Kiss&Tell
                            I do not own this album and I honestly do not care about the tracks. They are too wannabe Disney-rock for me. Haven't listened to the tracks.

A Year Without Rain
                            favourite single: Naturally
                            favourite album track: Off The Chain

When The Sun Goes Down
                            favourite single: Love You Like a Love Song
                            favourite album track: Bang Bang Bang

Stars Dance
                            favourite single: Come & Get It
                            favourite album tracks: Stars Dance

Yours?

Comment

• Tansike
                              Site Supporter
                              • 28 Jan 2012

I think a GH is okay after four (!) albums and looking at the list above i'd say she has enough material for it.
                              If you look it that way, it shouldn't offend anyone. Britney released her first Greatest Hits album (and the only one which matters) after four studio albums as well. Nevertheless, Britney had released 19 singles at that time. That's almost the double amount of the released singles by Selena. - I don't think that an artist should do a "Greatest Hits", when he or she even didn't release enough singles to fill the whole album. And isn't the point of a "Greatest Hits" to release the biggest, most memorable hits/tunes? - Selena could do a "Singles Collection" (9 tracks) + a whole new album (11 tracks) Not till then she'll reach the glorious 19-track GH Britney had released
                              Agree, but after all it's because she want to leave the label so i think it's the best way to end the contract.
                              I'm still mad at how they handled the SD era. "Stars Dance", "Like A Champion", "Birthday", "Save The Day" etc. could have been singles!

Kiss&Tell
                              They are too wannabe Disney-rock for me. Haven't listened to the tracks.
                              What now?

Kiss & Tell
                              favorite single: Naturally
                              favorite album track: More

A Year Without Rain
                              favorite single: A Year Without Rain
                              favorite album track: Off The Chain (Rock God comes close though)

When The Sun Goes Down
                              favorite single: Love You Like A Love Song
                              favorite album track: Outlaw

Stars Dance
                              favorite single: both singles are equally strong IMO
                              favorite album track: Stars Dance

Comment

• Biebz
                                Legend
                                • 02 Jun 2013

Love me some Sel

Kiss & Tell
                                favorite album track: As A Blonde

A Year Without Rain
                                favorite album track: Intuition

When The Sun Goes Down
                                favorite album track: Outlaw or My Dilemma

Stars Dance
                                favorite single: Slow Down
                                favorite album track: Undercover
                                *CLICK* - FREE AMAZON/ITUNES VOUCHERS - *CLICK*

Comment

• joiPrince_JO
                                  Legend
                                  • 31 Mar 2011

It's kind of hard to chose a favorite single since there are only 2 bloody singles from each album

Kiss & Tell
                                  I never listened to the album.

A Year Without Rain
                                  favorite album track: Off the Chain

When The Sun Goes Down
                                  favorite single: Hit the Lights
                                  favorite album track: Outlaw

Stars Dance
                                  favorite single: Come & Get It
                                  favorite album track: Love Will Remember

And technically she only released 1 album... she was always the one who took that "i'm in a band" thing super serious
                                  ? Girls' Generation ?

Comment

• Alicepotter
                                    Legend
                                    • 30 Dec 2011

Kiss & Tell
                                    favorite album track: I Got U

A Year Without Rain
                                    favorite album track: Spotlight

When The Sun Goes Down
                                    favorite album track: Bang Bang Bang

Stars Dance
                                    favorite single: Slow Down
                                    favorite album track: B.E.A.T

Comment

• Erotica
                                      Legend
                                      • 15 Mar 2014

I like her since Stars Dance, the music she did before isn't my taste :/ I really hoped for a new studio album and not a Greatest Hits then

Stars Dance
                                      favorite single: Slow Down (both were weak in comparrison with those other great tracks)
                                      favorite album track: Undercover

Comment

• TheResonantIpod
                                        Personal Assistant
                                        • 01 Apr 2013

Come & Get it is the best thing that happened to her career in music tbh. it slays me even now
                                        Queen of country music...Timmy McGraw

Comment

Working...