Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Thriller
    Administrator
    • 13 Dec 2003

Great debut for Tove and Kylie, hope it climbs!

Comment

• steophonic
      Legend
      • 11 Mar 2004

I actually like that #1 collaboration.

Great to see PSB & Jax Jones enter.
      Ste's Personal Chart 2020

Comment

• JakeP
        Superstar
        • 19 Aug 2013

Originally posted by Thriller
        Great debut for Tove and Kylie, hope it climbs!
        Thanks Thriller

It's unlikely to climb to a new peak but should remain top 10 for a second week at least.

Comment

• JakeP
          Superstar
          • 19 Aug 2013

Originally posted by steophonic
          I actually like that #1 collaboration.

Great to see PSB & Jax Jones enter.
          Thanks steophonic

The Ariana, Miley & Lana collaboration does seem to have had a bit of a backlash although that doesn't surprise me. There's always gonna be haters.

Yes, i'm very impressed with the new Pet Shop Boys single. With Years & Years on board, it just works really well.

Comment

• JakeP
            Superstar
            • 19 Aug 2013

JakeP Top 20 (21st September 2019)

01 (NE) Céline Dion - Lying down [1 wk] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
            02 (01) Ariana Grande, Miley Cyrus & Lana Del Rey - Don’t call me angel (Charlie’s angels) [2 wks] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
            03 (03) Charlie Puth - Mother [2 wks] [#3]
            04 (06) Lizzo - Good as hell [4 wks] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
            05 (02) Camila Cabello - Liar [3 wks] [#2]
            06 (04) Ava Max - Torn [5 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
            07 (05) Tove Lo featuring Kylie Minogue - Really don’t like u [2 wks] [#5]
            08 (10) OneRepublic - Somebody to love [2 wks] [#8]
            09 (NE) Céline Dion - Courage [1 wk] [#9]
            10 (07) Pet Shop Boys featuring Years & Years - Dreamland [2 wks] [#7]
            11 (09) Jax Jones & Ella Henderson - This is real [2 wks] [#9]
            12 (08) Kygo & Whitney Houston - Higher love [12 wks] [#1] (3 wks @ #1)
            13 (NE) Céline Dion - Imperfections [1 wk] [#13]
            14 (NE) John Newman & Nina Nesbitt - Without you [1 wk] [#14]
            15 (18) Tones and I - Dance monkey [9 wks] [#1] (3 wks @ #1)
            16 (16) Professor Green featuring Alice Chater - Got it all [2 wks] [#16]
            17 (NE) Dami Im - Crying underwater [1 wk] [#17]
            18 (NE) Mariah Carey - In the mix [1 wk] [#18]
            19 (12) Camila Cabello - Shameless [3 wks] [#9]
            20 (14) Luca Hänni - Bella bella [2 wks] [#14]

The Hit Seeker

Riton & Oliver Heldens featuring Vula - Turn me on

Comment

• heppolo
              Legend
              • 17 May 2009

17 (NE) Dami Im - Crying underwater [1 wk] [#17] - finally a new release, can't say that it's really catchy, but I like that she's trying something a bit different
              Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• JSparksFan
                Moderator and Site Supporter
                • 24 Jul 2009

Your #1 is okay, though I must say "Imperfections" is the clear standout from the recent releases from my fave Canadian diva.

"Don't Call Me Angel" took a while, but it's finally clicked with me!

I just checked out "Mother". It's kinda bleh. I feel like Demi covered the theme better with a singular line from "Cool for the Summer": Don't tell your mother.

02 (01) Ariana Grande, Miley Cyrus & Lana Del Rey - Don’t call me angel (Charlie’s angels) [2 wks] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
                14 (NE) John Newman & Nina Nesbitt - Without you [1 wk] [#14]

Originally posted by JakeP
                Ohh so you hadn't already heard Gone? To be fair, i only discovered the track thanks to YouTube as the music video was trending upon its release. I do love those fizzy synth sounds in gloriously pure pop music. <3
                I hadn't!

Tones and I have seemingly skyrocketed with the success of Dance monkey co-incidentally in both Australia and Sweden where the song has taken big climbs up their respective charts. I even think it's got a very good chance of climbing to #1 even though Señorita is still so strong right now.
                Did they ever get to the top spot?

Aww i truly love Higher love and Kygo really did Whitney proud with delicious production that really elevates Whitney's unmistakeable vocals. I randomly found myself watching this on Saturday morning on YouTube. So adorable yet so tragic to think both Whitney and Bobbi are no longer with us.
                What a lovely video! I really do miss Whitney so much.

I know we can't really compare them but for me Higher love is a bit like having a modern day I wanna dance with somebody. If Whitney was still alive and still being her iconic self there's every possibility that she may well have ended up recording a track like this anyways. <3
                I get the comparison, and I totally agree!

Truth hurts left me so conflicted. I considered entering the song a couple of weeks back but decided against it because it is technically an older single that's become popular thanks to those dna test memes. Since then Lizzo has cracked the UK top 40 and bizarrely this is now performing better in the UK charts than Juice did, and that feels kinda unjustified imo. Then i spotted Lizzo at #1 on US iTunes last week and apparently this has been added onto Lizzo's latest album on Spotify. I will admit, i much prefer Juice which still ranks as my #1 of 2019 so far (exclusive JakeP year end spoiler right there).
                I'm excited to see if "Juice" manages to hold on to that top spot by year-end!

LOL hey, i'm pretty sure you weren't the only one who was only there for Maluma. Do you consider Maluma as a more handsome and sexier version of Drake? (or is it just me who thinks this)
                Hmm...I see where you're coming from! I once called Maluma the sexiest man on Earth, and it's not that I'm going back on that now, but I feel like Drake just does more for me. Like Maluma is technically so beautiful so he wins in that department against practically anyone, but Drake just has this...energy and allure to him that makes him...quite possibly the sexiest man in music for me right now. The beard does wonders for him.
                Akini's Tribute to Donna Summer [#7]
                Your Billboard Top Ten: #1 Beautiful Things
                AlbumClash 2.0 [Kylie Minogue vs. The Libertines]
                Retro AlbumClash 2.0 [Katy Perry vs. No Doubt]

If honesty matters to you too much, the muscles of your jaws and neck will be forever knotted and your heart will crack. The wishes of business, the wishes of the clock, are all bigger than you. Bigger than humanity. Yielders are survivors. To yield is to be strong.

Comment

• Tansike
                  Site Supporter
                  • 28 Jan 2012

08 (10) OneRepublic - Somebody to love [2 wks] [#8]
                  11 (09) Jax Jones & Ella Henderson - This is real [2 wks] [#9]
                  17 (NE) Dami Im - Crying underwater [1 wk] [#17]
                  20 (14) Luca Hänni - Bella bella [2 wks] [#14]
                  Amazing week for Céline!
                  I checked out all songs from her upcoming album last weekend and I enjoyed them all. It's definitely an interesting (and kinda brave) decision to release so many new songs at once, but then she's not someone who looks for chart hits anyway so for her putting out three songs at once is probably better to generate some hype for the album. I'm definitely looking forward to "Courage"!

Oh, looks like "Dance Monkey" is another "Lost On You" situation, as you had it as your #1 already a while ago while it's only taking off in some countries now. I probably have to give it a chance as well, I only heard a few seconds so far and while I enjoyed these seconds, I didn't bother to go further into the song...

Overall a very strong Top20 with some really good songs such as "Don't Call Me Angel", "Mother", "Torn", "Higher Love" etc.
                  Also good to see Lizzo having some success with other songs as well now!

From the charts that I missed to comment on, the following songs also deserve a big shoutout:

JakeP Top 20 (10th August 2019)
                  04 (NE) Lindsey Stirling featuring Elle King - The upside [1 wk] [#4]

JakeP Top 20 (31st August 2019)
                  11 (NE) Indila - Parle à ta tête [1 wk] [#11]

JakeP Top 20 (7th September 2019)
                  13 (NE) Lindsey Stirling - Artemis [1 wk] [#13]
                  I love how Lindsey is slowly becoming a common name on your Top20, even though she's still missing that one big hit here. But I'm so happy how her songs still have a certain impact and always make it onto the Top20, even the instrumental ones Have you watched the video for "Artemis"? Because as much as I love the song, it gets even better with the video.

Great to see Indila having made an entry with "Parle à ta tête". It's so good to have her finally back, but the new song isn't as strong as most singles from her debut. There also isn't a video for this yet so it will be interesting to see if this was just a first taste and if the real lead single (with promo, video etc.) is still to come.

Comment

• JakeP
                    Superstar
                    • 19 Aug 2013

Originally posted by heppolo
                    17 (NE) Dami Im - Crying underwater [1 wk] [#17] - finally a new release, can't say that it's really catchy, but I like that she's trying something a bit different
                    Thanks heppolo

It's great to get new music from Dami Im. As much i like this song, it'll take something outstanding to propel Dami back up to the higher ranks of my chart. I'm intrigued to hear what the next track will sound like.

Comment

• JakeP
                      Superstar
                      • 19 Aug 2013

Originally posted by JSparksFan
                      Your #1 is okay, though I must say "Imperfections" is the clear standout from the recent releases from my fave Canadian diva.

"Don't Call Me Angel" took a while, but it's finally clicked with me!

I just checked out "Mother". It's kinda bleh. I feel like Demi covered the theme better with a singular line from "Cool for the Summer": Don't tell your mother.
                      Thanks Akini

Aww i adore Lying down. When Céline does grand dramatic piano ballads, i'm so here for these songs. Whilst Imperfections charted the lowest of the three new songs last weekend, the music video came out during this week which will help stabilise the song tonight. That said, Lying down is still my personal favourite. <3

I'm really surprised at how quickly Don't call me angel has tailed off in the UK charts in terms of popularity going from #2 to outside the top 10 in a week. Needless to say that was never going to happen in my chart. Still can't believe US radio have completely edited out Lana's mighty fine middle 8 - i actually love that twist to the song a lot. Great to see it's slowly become more of a favourite for you too. <3

Charlie Puth has seemingly struggled so far which makes me wonder exactly where his career is heading. I actually love Mother and it was really instant for me, i love the quirkiness in the track whilst also being more melodic than I warned myself, and we all know how much i love a nice melody!!!! LOL well i can't deny Cool for the summer is an absolute pop bop and former #1 in my chart too.

Did they ever get to the top spot?
                      Gosh very much so. In fact this week it was reported that Tones and I has broken the record for longest run at #1 in Australia for a solo female artist currently on eight weeks at #1. The previous record was held by Kylie Minogue's The locomotion which spent 7 weeks at #1. If Dance monkey gets two more weeks at #1, it'll become the longest running #1 ever for an australian artist in their chart.

Yes, you could say it's been a bit successful. It also topped the Sweden charts too. It's actually gone to reach #1 in quite a few countries including Ireland a few weeks back.

I can understand why some people find her vocals a bit grating but i just loved the song instantly after first checking it out. Looks like Dance monkey is in a strong position to be the UK #1 next week which i would be so delighted about if it happens.

What a lovely video! I really do miss Whitney so much.
                      It still kinda disappoints me that Higher love was denied #1 in the UK thanks to a rather pointless remix of Take me back to London which i personally don't rate highly in Ed Sheeran's discography. It's very much a song that's just there - inoffensive but more crucially not very memorable.

I'm excited to see if "Juice" manages to hold on to that top spot by year-end!
                      Well since your comment a certain track mentioned above has been building up a lot of chart points so needless to say Lizzo definitely has strong competition now for my #1 of 2019. That's before we even take the next 3 months into consideration. NB; Adele's Hello ended up being my #1 of 2015 after just 10 weeks on the chart - seven of those spent at #1.

Hmm...I see where you're coming from! I once called Maluma the sexiest man on Earth, and it's not that I'm going back on that now, but I feel like Drake just does more for me. Like Maluma is technically so beautiful so he wins in that department against practically anyone, but Drake just has this...energy and allure to him that makes him...quite possibly the sexiest man in music for me right now. The beard does wonders for him.
                      One thing that really sets Drake apart from the other male rappers - like Maluma - is his honesty. I know that might sound weird but when i think about God's plan last year, i didn't rate the song particularly high but the kindness and generosity that Drake showed in that video really struck a chord with me. Plus the fact he got a whole group of college students chanting "i only love my bed and my mama, i'm sorry" was actually amazing.

Comment

• JakeP
                        Superstar
                        • 19 Aug 2013

Originally posted by Tansike
                        Amazing week for Céline!
                        I checked out all songs from her upcoming album last weekend and I enjoyed them all. It's definitely an interesting (and kinda brave) decision to release so many new songs at once, but then she's not someone who looks for chart hits anyway so for her putting out three songs at once is probably better to generate some hype for the album. I'm definitely looking forward to "Courage"!

Oh, looks like "Dance Monkey" is another "Lost On You" situation, as you had it as your #1 already a while ago while it's only taking off in some countries now. I probably have to give it a chance as well, I only heard a few seconds so far and while I enjoyed these seconds, I didn't bother to go further into the song...

Overall a very strong Top20 with some really good songs such as "Don't Call Me Angel", "Mother", "Torn", "Higher Love" etc.
                        Also good to see Lizzo having some success with other songs as well now!
                        Thanks Tansike

I was also surprised to see three new tracks getting released from Céline's upcoming album. The record label know how to generate hype and interest with the loyal dedicated fanbase. <3 That's the thing most special about this - the tracks were purely released for the fans without any expectancy about getting a chart hit. I'm definitely more intrigued now as i've enjoyed each track to some extent.

Aww if only Lost on you had enjoyed anywhere near the same level of success as Tones and I has received over these last few weeks. Dance monkey is taking the world by storm and like i just posted above, it just grabbed my attention on first listen and refused to let go hence the success of the song in my chart in July. I reckon Tones and I will eventually breakthrough in America as there's a lot of hype surrounding her at present. It's also likely to be UK #1 next week which is amazing to see. US and Canada to follow suit and i think that makes Dance monkey a definitive global smash. <3

From the charts that I missed to comment on, the following songs also deserve a big shoutout:

I love how Lindsey is slowly becoming a common name on your Top20, even though she's still missing that one big hit here. But I'm so happy how her songs still have a certain impact and always make it onto the Top20, even the instrumental ones Have you watched the video for "Artemis"? Because as much as I love the song, it gets even better with the video.
                        That Tansike influence. <3 Lindsey is an incredible musician and there really isn't anyone else out there that does "Lindsey Sterling" which is what makes her so unique. Yes, Clean Bandit have a violinist too but they're far more pop (technically more to my tastes! ) but again it always goes back to my love for strong melodies. Yes in fact it was the music video that boosted Artemis into my chart but i was more excited watching the music video for The upside. It was like watching a mini movie, really well produced and directed.

Great to see Indila having made an entry with "Parle à ta tête". It's so good to have her finally back, but the new song isn't as strong as most singles from her debut. There also isn't a video for this yet so it will be interesting to see if this was just a first taste and if the real lead single (with promo, video etc.) is still to come.
                        Why did it take almost 5 years for Indila to release her comeback? I agree it's wonderful to have Indila back and Parle à ta tête really was a curveball moment. I certainly wasn't expecting to hear something so influenced by europop. Curious to hear what the next track is going to sound like.

Comment

• JakeP
                          Superstar
                          • 19 Aug 2013

JakeP Top 20 (28th September 2019)

01 (NE) Riton & Oliver Heldens featuring Vula - Turn me on [1 wk] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
                          02 (01) Céline Dion - Lying down [2 wks] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
                          03 (NE) Lola Marsh - Echoes [1 wk] [#3]
                          04 (02) Ariana Grande, Miley Cyrus & Lana Del Rey - Don’t call me angel (Charlie’s angels) [3 wks] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
                          05 (NE) Alice Chater - Tonight [1 wk] [#5]
                          06 (04) Lizzo - Good as hell [5 wks] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
                          07 (07) Tove Lo featuring Kylie Minogue - Really don’t like u [3 wks] [#5]
                          08 (05) Camila Cabello - Liar [4 wks] [#2]
                          09 (12) Kygo & Whitney Houston - Higher love [13 wks] [#1] (3 wks @ #1)
                          10 (03) Charlie Puth - Mother [3 wks] [#3]
                          11 (13) Céline Dion - Imperfections [2 wks] [#11]
                          12 (NE) Christina Aguilera - Haunted heart [1 wk] [#12]
                          13 (08) OneRepublic - Somebody to love [3 wks] [#8]
                          14 (14) John Newman & Nina Nesbitt - Without you [2 wks] [#14]
                          15 (06) Ava Max - Torn [6 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
                          16 (NE) Lxandra - Swimming pools [1 wk] [#16]
                          17 (11) Jax Jones & Ella Henderson - This is real [3 wks] [#9]
                          18 (09) Céline Dion - Courage [2 wks] [#9]
                          19 (15) Tones and I - Dance monkey [10 wks] [#1] (3 wks @ #1)
                          20 (10) Pet Shop Boys featuring Years & Years - Dreamland [3 wks] [#7]

The Hit Seeker

Meghan Trainor featuring Mike Sabath - Wave

Comment

• JakeP
                            Superstar
                            • 19 Aug 2013

JakeP Top 20 (5th October 2019)

01 (NE) Niall Horan - Nice to meet ya [1 wk] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
                            02 (01) Riton & Oliver Heldens featuring Vula - Turn me on [2 wks] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
                            03 (NE) Mark Ronson featuring YEBBA - Don’t leave me lonely [1 wk] [#3]
                            04 (02) Céline Dion - Lying down [3 wks] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
                            05 (03) Lola Marsh - Echoes [2 wks] [#3]
                            06 (04) Ariana Grande, Miley Cyrus & Lana Del Rey - Don’t call me angel (Charlie’s angels) [4 wks] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
                            07 (06) Lizzo - Good as hell [6 wks] [#1] (1 wk @ #1)
                            08 (07) Tove Lo featuring Kylie Minogue - Really don’t like u [4 wks] [#5]
                            09 (05) Alice Chater - Tonight [2 wks] [#5]
                            10 (08) Camila Cabello - Liar [5 wks] [#2]
                            11 (15) Ava Max - Torn [7 wks] [#1] (2 wks @ #1)
                            12 (12) Christina Aguilera - Haunted heart [2 wks] [#12]
                            13 (09) Kygo & Whitney Houston - Higher love [14 wks] [#1] (3 wks @ #1)
                            14 (19) Tones and I - Dance monkey [11 wks] [#1] (3 wks @ #1)
                            15 (NE) Gryffin, Gorgon City & AlunaGeorge - Baggage [1 wk] [#15]
                            16 (NE) Meghan Trainor featuring Mike Sabath - Wave [1 wk] [#16]
                            17 (17) Jax Jones & Ella Henderson - This is real [4 wks] [#9]
                            18 (NE) Zedd & Kehlani - Good thing [1 wk] [#18]
                            19 (NE) Loreen - Walk with me [1 wk] [#19]
                            20 (NE) Dido - Just because [1 wk] [#20]

The Hit Seeker

Tones and I - The kids are coming

Comment

• stevyy
                              Site Supporter
                              • 14 May 2005

U made it. Niall made it. I'm so glad that there are people like you and me who stan real talent.

You beat me to it. When Niall enters at #1 on my chart next week, let's battle who can have him on at #1 longer.

My Chart

Comment

• JakeP
                                Superstar
                                • 19 Aug 2013

Originally posted by stevyy
                                U made it. Niall made it. I'm so glad that there are people like you and me who stan real talent.

You beat me to it. When Niall enters at #1 on my chart next week, let's battle who can have him on at #1 longer.

Thanks stevvy

Niall sure did. <3 It was close though between Niall and Riton but thanks to the music video, Nice to meet ya had the advantage.

I really have loved pretty much all of Niall's solo material. The only track on Flicker that i struggled to enjoy was Fire away which i found a tad too chilled and laid back for my liking.

Haha i think the battle for #1 supremacy will probably belong to you considering my turnaround for new chart toppers in recent weeks.

Comment

• heppolo
                                  Legend
                                  • 17 May 2009

01 (NE) Niall Horan - Nice to meet ya - am I hearing something else than the rest of UKMixers? This is well produced, but relatively generic, actually reminds me of some Robbie Williams tracks thrown in the mix together. Like a mix of his early 2000s era songs produced with the "Candy" bubblegum-ish attitude.
                                  03 (NE) Mark Ronson featuring YEBBA - Don’t leave me lonely [1 wk] [#3] - I like YEBBA's voice, this is quite edgy by Mark standards as well
                                  Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• JakeP
                                    Superstar
                                    • 19 Aug 2013

01 (NE) Niall Horan - Nice to meet ya - am I hearing something else than the rest of UKMixers? This is well produced, but relatively generic, actually reminds me of some Robbie Williams tracks thrown in the mix together. Like a mix of his early 2000s era songs produced with the "Candy" bubblegum-ish attitude.
                                    Thanks heppolo

Aww leave my precious Niall alone!!!! I love it, considering the amount of monotonous rap/grime that effortlessly enters the charts week in week out, hearing a track like Nice to meet ya and so refreshing. <3 Id rather listen to a modern day Robbie Williams over any of the dreadful minimalist grime nonsense which just doesn't appeal to me whatsoever. Fair enough though if you're not a fan but personally i adore Niall both musically and physically.

03 (NE) Mark Ronson featuring YEBBA - Don’t leave me lonely [1 wk] [#3] - I like YEBBA's voice, this is quite edgy by Mark standards as well
                                    I'm glad they released a music video for this track otherwise i may well have overlooked this gem. Mark Ronson delivered the goods once again with this track.

Comment

• Thriller
                                      Administrator
                                      • 13 Dec 2003

Unsurprising #1! Love that Baggage has made your chart.

Comment

• JakeP
                                        Superstar
                                        • 19 Aug 2013

Originally posted by Thriller
                                        Unsurprising #1! Love that Baggage has made your chart.
                                        Thanks Thriller

Haha unsurprising but nonetheless Riton put up a sturdy challenge for #1 but Niall's music video got quite a few plays last Friday evening/Saturday morning which helped to etch the song firmly into my brain.

Baggage is a decent dance track too. I'm always here for pure euphoric sounding dance anthems. <3

Comment

• steophonic
                                          Legend
                                          • 11 Mar 2004

Loads of good stuff here - Riton, Celine, Ariana, Tones & I, Gryffin!
                                          Ste's Personal Chart 2020

Comment

Working...