10. 7 rings 10/10
    11. thank u, next 10/10
    12. break up with your girlfriend, I‘m bored 9/10
    https://youtu.be/1iRbIYkccgw

Comment

• ThaInfo1
      Legend
      • 26 Nov 2006

Okay so I'll say that I'm in love with Arianiqua.

Here are some of my raw thoughts of the album (just the new songs). I gave it my first listen at work, a listen while I worked out, and now I'm doing my cloud 9 listen currently lmao.

needy - Been waiting for this since the snippet. Not as raw as it was in the snippet (and as I originally wanted it), but I still LOVE. Makes me sappy and shit. She better emote.
      NASA - Catchy and relatable AF. Obesessed. I can't help but to Monica bop my head to it.
      bloodbline - The saucier sister of Side to Side. love the horns and stuff. Makes me wanna put my hands on my knees and let the lord take over.
      fake smile - This gives me Kanye/Jay production sample kinda teas that I was not expecting at all. Wasn't sure how I felt about it on the first listen but it has been a grower already. Think this is something my hiphop/neosoul-esque fathead boyfriend could appreciate.
      bad idea - Okay so this song confuses me. It's the only song on the album that sounds a little...unfinished and could be more polished. The first half is just aight and a little dull for this album so far for me tbh (yet it could grow on me...kinda reminds me of something)...but then these strings and full on production come in following this trap beat that bangs...wtf?
      make up - Yaaasss Arianiqua This rides. She rides the beat in a Bey/Rih kinda way. Nothing too special about it but I digs it.
      Ghostin - One of her most vulnerable and sappy songs ever. Omg girl really went there Love it. This is what I expected the whole album to be with what she has went through. Glad she did a song like this on here. This song will go down as one of those deep, emotional album cuts that will be special. Makes me wish she put that Remember song on here (a song she took of because she said she wasn't ready for the world to hear it in a sad way)
      in my head - Trapiana at her finest. One of my favs. Love everything about it. The vocal acrobatics and the skrr skrr in the chorus that brings out my inner bird smh. Yes bitch!!!
      break up with your girlfriend, I'm bored - THIS IS THE BAD BITCH ENERGY I ****ING NEED IN MY LIFE. YAAAAASSSSSSSSS!!!!!

Overall, I'm still processing. But I love this. It's definitely up there with Sweetener and Dangerous Woman for sure. But give a bitch sometime before she starts having to rank shit. Lol.
      Last edited by ThaInfo1; Sat February 9, 2019, 05:09. Reason: Because let a lady make her error...damn.

Comment

• IVyoncé
        Legend
        • 18 May 2009

Loving that review [MENTION=12901]ThaInfo1[/MENTION] the ponytail queen did that

Comment

• GetBack
          Legend
          • 11 Jun 2010

Sadly, not even Max Martin (who along with his songwriting clique was the saving grace of Sweetener) can save this album. Considering how Sweetener wasn't all that, she brought her standards even lower, but with her online presence milking her personal life, she became even way more important in the streaming world. She is definitely going for the female Drake title as predicted.

Comment

• IVyoncé
            Legend
            • 18 May 2009

I really love that this era she really went out with the physical releases, both with vinyl singles as various formats for the album itself

Comment

• Erotica
              Legend
              • 15 Mar 2014

I can't imagine she releases another single from that album. If she does, I hope it's Bloodline then, also fits for the summer.

Comment

• IVyoncé
                Legend
                • 18 May 2009

I kinda hope for atleast one or two more singles after break up with your boyfriend

Comment

• beredy
                  Legend
                  • 09 Nov 2010

Originally posted by Jesper
                  I kinda hope for atleast one or two more singles after break up with your boyfriend
                  They will definitely release more singles. Especially because the tour is happening until the end of October for both Sweetener and thank u, next. They will keep the momentum going for sure. 2 more singles for sure.

Comment

• Mainshow
                    Legend
                    • 06 Apr 2012

"NASA" and "Fake Smile" still need to get the single treatment.

I agree with beredy.. since the tour is about to take place later this year, I am pretty sure that they will release another single or two (three?) to keep the momentum going and to support the tour.

She's on fire right now and has so much energy + the general public heavily supports her... there's no point of not releasing more singles
                    Last edited by Mainshow; Sat February 9, 2019, 10:23.
                    Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue

Comment

• IVyoncé
                      Legend
                      • 18 May 2009

Yeah true agreed

Comment

• Mainshow
                        Legend
                        • 06 Apr 2012

After having listened to the album a couple of times + comment on a few songs earlier, here's my "rating" a la JeremySpears

1. imagine 7/10
                        2. needy 6/10
                        3. NASA 9/10
                        4. bloodline 8/10
                        5. fake smile 9/10
                        6. bad idea 8/10
                        7. make up 3/10
                        8. ghostin 10/10
                        9. in my head 7/10
                        10. 7 rings 10/10
                        11. thank u, next 10/10
                        12. break up with your girlfriend, I‘m bored 10/10

Average score: 8,08
                        Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue

Comment

• aRat
                          Legend
                          • 06 Feb 2018

Bloodline or Fake Smile should be the next single after Break Up With Ur GF
                          DUA LIPA - RIHANNA
                          98 - OUT

Comment

• hellohello
                            Manager
                            • 01 Sep 2005

She sounds so much like Leona Lewis on "in my head". I wish she would implement her head voice a lot more often. It's beautiful.
                            Madonna......Rihanna....Beyonce....Michael...Janet....Prince...Mariah...Whitney

Comment

• hellohello
                              Manager
                              • 01 Sep 2005

Ghostin is the dark horse of the album. It should be a single after bloodline but I doubt it.
                              Madonna......Rihanna....Beyonce....Michael...Janet....Prince...Mariah...Whitney

Comment

• IVyoncé
                                Legend
                                • 18 May 2009

Originally posted by hellohello
                                Ghostin is the dark horse of the album. It should be a single after bloodline but I doubt it.
                                She said at this moment she is not even plannning to perform it on tour.
                                I kinda want one telvised/broadcasted performance of it, just her and a small orchestra

Comment

• Gravity
                                  Legend
                                  • 05 Jan 2016

It will be interesting to see which songs will be performed on tour.
                                  Floped and localed

Comment

• ThaInfo1
                                    Legend
                                    • 26 Nov 2006

Originally posted by Erotica
                                    I can't imagine she releases another single from that album. If she does, I hope it's Bloodline then, also fits for the summer.
                                    I don't see her doing one but if she does, this HAS to be it!

Comment

• Loose
                                      Legend
                                      • 17 Apr 2006

Even needy grew on me a bit and I‘m able to listen to the record throughout.
                                      It's a man's man's man's world.

Comment

• DnBLover
                                        Legend
                                        • 21 Dec 2009

Thank u next, the song, is the best thing she's ever done. The beat is so fire. Haven't played the full album but the stuff I've heard so far doesn't come close.
                                        I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                                        I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

• ThaInfo1
                                          Legend
                                          • 26 Nov 2006

Originally posted by DnBLover
                                          Thank u next, the song, is the best thing she's ever done. The beat is so fire. Haven't played the full album but the stuff I've heard so far doesn't come close.
                                          If you think thank u next is the best production on the album then you gotta give this album a full listen.

I was just about to come in here to stan for the bop page that is In My Head. lol

Comment

Working...